Job Title: Junior Consultant (Business Intelligence & Data Analyst, CBT Assurance) – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and works with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets. WFP is also supporting Uganda in its objectives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040.
The Junior Consultant will join the Operational Information Management & Performance Reporting unit’s team in Kampala under the direct supervision of the Head of Unit.
The WFP Uganda Country Office has committed to building systems and capacity towards two major but critical operational capabilities; (I) end-to-end transfer reconciliation at the household level for all GFA (General Food Assistance) modalities (II) the Comprehensive GDT (Global Distribution Tool) data analytics to inform changes in program implementation, monitoring, and oversight.
To this end, the CO (Country Office) seeks a junior consultant who will work to deliver these operational capabilities of the Beneficiary Information and assistance management system (BIAMS) team. In the first 3 months, the consultant will be the Kickstarter of the process bringing tangible products to the discussion and testing data architecture solutions which s/he will later translate into clear UGCO (Uganda Country Office) needs to the HQ (Head Quarters) team. The last 3 months of the consultant will be focused on building the GDT Analyst role (G8) capacity to run the system leaving the ability for analysis adjustment within the CO team (key for the long-term utility of the System).
In summary, the role will: Kickstart the collation/gathering of the multiple data sets needed; Do a static mock-up of the queries and re-structuring of some dataset to allow for linking and later validation/triangulation; Produce the first dashboards with analysis to present to senior management, compliance, and reporting teams at CO to define the analysis needs and show possibilities; Work with the HQ DAT (Data Assurance Tool) team to build the live system (now with clear data structure, and analysis needs); Build the capacity of the local staff (GDT Analyst) to modify analysis as per future management/reporting needs.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Map out distribution and logistics available data from existing business processes and collate them in a single linked model to build visualisations/dashboard used for the reporting and program management.
- Support the management and analysis of distribution data.
- Support in-depth data analysis and interpretation of results for periodic food security reports.
- Support the development and design of near real-time distribution, food security, nutrition, and other selected programme dashboards and automated monthly reports.
- Automate data reporting requirements for the various grants active in the CO.
- Support the maintenance of the CBT & in-kind distributions data;
- Support the performance reporting processes.
- Liaise with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging available data across various systems to drive programme solutions.
- Perform any other task as required
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- At least five near real-time distributions, food security and nutrition dashboards and automated monthly reports created for operations.
- At least ten data quality checks conducted per week.
- Regular in-depth analysis of distributions data conducted.
- Key elements of the distributions database standardized.
- Support to CO’s performance reporting processes as per direction of OIM&PR unit head.
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
Education: University degree in information Management, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, economics, social sciences, data science or related fields
Experience: At least one year of experience in information management, data analytics, data analysis and survey methodologies. Field experience is an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience analysing large household survey data is required.
- Experience maintaining databases (SQL required, no SQL a plus).
- Programming skills in Python highly desired.
- Programming skills in R, STATA and/or SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Sciences) is an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of Tableau is an asset.
- Experience making dashboards (e.g., Tableau) is desired.
- Experience working in the humanitarian, or the development sector is an asset.
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 2nd February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.