Job Title: 2 Drivers – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Under the supervision of the assigned officer, the driver will provide support to the implementation of programmes in accordance with Uganda Country Office’s annual work-plan and as per Administrative/transport regulations and standard operating procedures.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Ensure completion of all mandatory trainings as assigned in the WFP e-learning portal.
- Vehicle safety standards are maintained as per the driver’s handbook.
- Ensure that any WFP Vehicle driven is mechanically fit at all times as per driver’s handbook
- Vehicles are driven safely, optimizing vehicle use, economizing fuel as well as minimizing tear and wear
- Ensure full and timely accomplishment of assignments. Accountability for time, assignments and activities.
- Perform any other duties as required regarding data collection and entry.
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Driverr job placement must hold completed secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
- Three or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record.
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffer, protocol and courtesies, local roads/ waterways and conditions, and security issues.
- Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters
- Knowledge of driving/ boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods
- Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications;
- Language: Fluency in English is a must.
- Supply Chain Management and Optimization: Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
- Planning, Project & Resource Management: Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
- Information Management & Reporting: Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
- Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution: Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management: Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
- Technical Assistance and Coordination: Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 4th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.