Job Title: Communication and Advocacy Assistant – UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UN Volunteers Profile:
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well-supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the UNV Country Coordinator, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the implementation of the Communications and Advocacy strategy of the United Nations in Uganda and ensure volunteerism is integrated in joint UN initiatives.
- Support the UNV Field Unit in the development/production of communication and advocacy instruments and materials including for awareness-rising campaigns, including briefing materials in coordination with the supervisor.
- Participate in UN Communications Group and contribute to identifying new and creative ways to show how volunteerism can be integrated and mainstreamed in the UN programmes, promote a coherent image of the UNV and participate in developing a common UN Communications and Advocacy Action Plan and Work plans.
- Assist the Country Coordinator in collection of stories and articles from the serving UN Volunteers for inclusion in the UNV Newsletter, and maintenance of regular contact with publishers and other suppliers to ensure production.
- Regular update of the UNV media forums including Facebook page and Twitter ac-count.
- Support the identification and synthesis of lessons learnt from UNV Assignments directly linked to UNV Strategic Framework outcomes.
- Assist the UNV Field Unit in organizing monthly advocacy workshops/briefings for partners and community to sensitize and create awareness on UNV mandate and work in Uganda.
Minimum Qualifications for UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2022
- The prospective UN Volunteer must be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree or have recently graduated (no longer than 12 months ago at the time of application
- Candidates who already served on a UN Volunteer assignment funded by KOICA are not eligible.
- If you are currently enrolled in a university and have not yet obtained a university degree, indicate in the section ‘Academic qualifications’ under ‘diploma/degree obtained’ that you are still studying and towards which degree. In the ‘to’ field, enter the current date, as the system does not allow you to enter a future date. Instead of the degree certificate, upload any evidence of your enrollment, for example a transcript.
- You may apply to a maximum of three assignments and indicate the order of preference in the ‘Additional remarks’ field when filling in the application form.
- If you are above the age of 26, a notification will be displayed that you are not eligible to apply. You may ignore this and proceed with submitting your application.
How To Apply for UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
SELECTION – Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection will be done by the UN Host Entity at the level of the country of assignment. Interviews will be conducted by the UN Host Entity between 23 May and 3 June. – Selected candidates will be invited to attend a mandatory online preparation training on 15 and 18 August.
Deadline: 1st May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.