Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Assistant Information Systems Officer – UN RSCE Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Regional Service Centre at Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
The Regional Service Centre in Entebbe, Uganda (RSCE), was established in July 2010, following the adoption of General Assembly resolution 64/269. The Centre provides efficient, client-oriented and scalable services with the goal of moving transactional, non-location-dependent administrative functions to the Centre from its client entities. This includes transactional elements of human resources, finance, multimodal movement and control, personnel and cargo transport and information and communications technology (ICT) support. In addition to these services, the Office of the Chief RSCE and support offices through the Deputy Chief RSCE provides overall guidance on the operations of the RSCE including strategic planning, communication, budgeting, human resources management, property management, quality assurance and business intelligence, conference services, record-keeping and archive management, and audit response and risk management.
For more information, please visit https://rsce.unmissions.org
This position is located in the Quality Assurance and Business Intelligence Unit. The Assistant Information Systems Officer at this level reports to the Chief of Quality Assurance and Business Intelligence Unit.
Roles and responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Assistant Information Systems Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Assist with production of monthly and quarterly Key Performance Indicators and effective analytical management reports from multiple sources within preset deadlines.
• Participate in extraction of data from various information systems including: Field Support Suite (FSS), RSCE Workflow Tracking System, Siebel Customer Relationship Management System (iNeed), and SAP Enterprise Resource Planning System (Umoja). Import information into a data warehouse using Structured Query Language (SQL) and the use of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes. Analyze and transform data through programming in SQL and Power Query. Create reports with charts, visualizations, graphs or tables in Power BI.
• Assist with analyzing data and output to ensure accuracy and integrity for decision making.
• Assist with data warehouse design, implementation and maintenance.
• Participates in preparing user requirements and other technical specifications for new reports and dashboards;
• Assists in the design, development and installation of reporting information systems including Microsoft PowerApps, Power BI and SQL Server;
• Assists in the analysis of modules within the system, suggests enhancements and new features to existing systems; may assist in the design and implement small, stand-alone systems as needed (e.g. to meet individual user requirements);
• Undertakes rigorous testing and proving of applications software;
• Maintains assigned portions of systems, providing operational support for system’s applications, analyzing and implementing system changes/upgrades, etc;
• Provides assistance in the writing and developing of programs to interface with existing systems by implementing Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes;
• Ensures data security and integrity;
• Participates in developing disaster recovery plans;
• Assists in the preparation, updating and maintaining of system’s documentation and related
• technical/procedural manuals, including maintenance of detailed methodologies of all RSCE monthly and quarterly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including data source, composition, calculations and measurement criteria;
• Assists in the set-up and monitoring of software performance measures;
• Participates in Helpdesk support services;
• Participates in facilitating communications between QABI and its clients for good client relations
• Advises users on the most suitable hardware and software for different tasks; maintains and enhances software;
• Drafts training manuals and conducts training sessions and demonstrations of systems for users in relevant technologies e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL;
• Participates in special projects as assigned;
• Performs ad hoc duties as required;
• May train and provide guidance to new/junior staff and consultants
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English is required.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should send your application at the link below.
Closing Date: 12th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.