Job Title: Assistant Field Officer (UN Jobs Uganda)
UNHCR (UN Jobs Uganda) work to ensure that everybody has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, war or disaster at home. Since 1950, we have faced multiple crises on multiple continents, and provided vital assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced and stateless people, many of whom have nobody left to turn to. We help to save lives and build better futures for millions forced from home.
UN Jobs Uganda – The Assistant Field Officer will be supervised by the Snr Field Coordinator or Field Officer or Head of Sub-Office/Field Office depending on the structure of the Office. S/he will receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country/regional programme(s). UNHCR Manual, programme and protection objectives, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the incumbent. The incumbent does not normally have any direct supervisory role. S/he will have daily contacts with staff in the various field offices and with the functional units at the Country/Regional Office. S/he will also have close liaison with a range of local civilian and military authorities and counterparts in NGOs and UN agencies to discuss matters of common interest.
- Assess the needs of persons of concern in the AoR and formulate project submissions in collaboration with district authorities and implementing partners.
- Promote and monitor the implementation of assistance projects.
- Report regularly on rate of flow of new arrivals and estimate expected influx based on interviews with persons of concern.
- In co-ordination with implementing partners, assist with the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Keep track of cases of detention; register applicants for voluntary repatriation and family reunion.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly sectoral reports and submit material for preparation of periodic project monitoring reports and year-end reports.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Accountability and Authority
- Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- UNHCRs policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a participating manner and using an Age,
- Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning. Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Submit recommendation for protection interventions to the designated officer.
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern
Minimum Qualification and Professional Experience Required
- University degree in Law, Political Sciences or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of previous relevant work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
- Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
- Field experience.
- Computer skills.
- Knowledge of refugee law.
- Good knowledge of UNHCRs programmes.
- UNHCR Protection Learning Programme.
- UNHCR Operations Management Learning Programme.
Deadline: 25th January 2017
Interested candidates should follow the instructions below.
- All applicants must download and attach a Personal History form ↓
- Do not click submit button until you attach your Personal History form
- Do not attachyour academic transcripts. They will be requested if you are shortlisted
- Onlyshortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Motivation letter should not exceed 1000 words
- All shortlisted candidates will be required to sit a written test.
- All applicants should be Uganda nationals.
Click this link to Apply: UN Jobs Uganda – Fresher Assistant Field Officer at UNHCR