Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher IT Security Officer – Umeme Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Umeme Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: IT Security Administrator
Umeme Uganda Limited Profile
Umeme Limited is the largest energy distributor in Uganda, distributing 97 per cent of all electricity used in the country. The shares of the stock of the company are listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange and are cross-listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange.
The IT Security Officer implements security policies, principles, and standards. He/she works with the rest of the ICT Team to select and deploy technical controls to meet specific security requirements and implements processes and standards to ensure that security configurations are maintained.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate on IT process initiatives to ensure that security solutions are delivered in an effective and efficient manner.
• Work with infrastructure team members to identify, select, and implement technical controls.
• Assist IT staff in the resolution of reported security incidents.
• Monitor daily or weekly reports and security logs for unusual events.
• Assist in the development of security processes and procedures and support service-level agreements (SLAs) to ensure that security controls are managed and maintained.
• Research, evaluate, recommend and plan the implementation of new or updated information security technologies.
• Ensure that all new implementations of ICT solutions are compliant with the organization’s security requirements; ensuring best practice is always followed.
• Monitor and ensure that appropriate levels of security exist in the following: PC’s, client-server, LAN, WAN, broadband networks, web environments, firewalls, IP telephony, disaster recovery and applications, etc.
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of data at rest or while in transit between endpoint devices, servers and other systems including any data at rest on hosted, third party systems where ICT have been involved.
• Work with the ICT team to ensure that Issues identified during vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits are resolved.
• Review logs generated from information-security-related hardware and software and send summaries to the supervisor for review
• A Bachelors Degree in IT, Computer Science or any other relevant discipline
• At least two years of ICT Security management experience, including one year of technical experience.
• Planning and Organizational skills
• Integrity and honesty
• Problem solving and good judgment skills
• Analytical skills
• Good communication skills both written and spoken
• Positive attitude
• Keen to learn and to share knowledge
All interested and suitably qualified applicants can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 30th April 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.