Job Title: Legal Officer – ULRC Jobs 2022
Organization: Uganda Law Reform Commission (ULRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Legal Officer
Ref No: External Advert No. 1/2022
Uganda Law Reform Commission (ULRC) Profile
The Uganda Law Reform Commission is established by Article 248 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda (1995) and the specific operational details are provided in the Uganda Law Reform Commission Act (Cap 25, Laws of Uganda). The core mandate of the Commission is to study and keep under constant review the Acts and other laws comprising the Laws of Uganda with a view to making recommendations for their systematic improvement, development, modernization and reform.
It is the considered view of the Commission that a good law must be flexible and receptive to change, so as to remain fair, relevant and up to date and above all, take into account the needs of the people. As society changes over time so do the views and values of the members of that society. Law reform serves and plays the role of ensuring that this match is achieved by creating changes that contribute to making the laws of the country reflect those values and needs.
The Legal Officer will implement activities in reform, revision, research, simplification and translation of laws.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out legal research including field consultations, data collection and data analysis.
- Study court judgments and preparing reports.
- Initiate the process of simplification and translation of laws.
- Prepare reports on projects.
- Draft research proposals.
- Participate in analysis and review of policies and laws.
- Supervise subordinate staff and interns.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- The applicant must hold an Honours Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognised University.
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from an institution recognised by the Uganda Law Council.
- No work experience is required
- Ability to work in teams.
- Ethics and integrity
- Good analytical, communication and writing skills.
- ICT skills.
- Innovation and initiative
- Time management skills.
- Age: 23 years and above
How To Apply for ULRC Jobs 2022
All interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications by filling in Public Service Form 3 (PSF 3), Download Here, detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of two (2) referees and supporting original scanned documents addressed to the Secretary through the email address: [email protected]
Applications should be submitted in one PDF file not exceeding 20MB.
Applicants should attach a recent passport photo.
- Any form of bribery or influence peddling of any sort for and on behalf of any applicant shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Commission is an equal opportunities employer.
Deadline: 16th May, 2022 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.