Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Driver – ULRC Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Law Reform Commission (ULRC)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Transport Officer
REF: Ext. Advert 02/06/2021
Uganda Law Reform Commission (ULRC) Profile
The Uganda Law Reform Commission is established by Article 248 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda (1995) and the specific operational details are provided in the Uganda Law Reform Commission Act (Cap 25, Laws of Uganda). The core mandate of the Commission is to study and keep under constant review the Acts and other laws comprising the Laws of Uganda with a view to making recommendations for their systematic improvement, development, modernization and reform.
It is the considered view of the Commission that a good law must be flexible and receptive to change, so as to remain fair, relevant and up to date and above all, take into account the needs of the people. As society changes over time so do the views and values of the members of that society. Law reform serves and plays the role of ensuring that this match is achieved by creating changes that contribute to making the laws of the country reflect those values and needs.
A driver is responsible for transporting either cargo or passenger from one location to another. They are responsible for the safe transit of the passengers or cargo.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Undersecretary as head of the Finance and Administration Department will be
responsible to the Secretary for performing the following duties:-
a) Driving the vehicle as may be assigned from time to time.
b) Ensuring the safety of the vehicle.
c) Carrying out basic maintenance and cleaning of the vehicle.
d) Reporting to the transport officer when the vehicle is due for servicing;
e) Carrying out minor repairs on the vehicle;
f) Conducting routine checkups on the condition and road worthiness of the vehicle.
g) Submitting timely service requests to the supervisor.
h) Performing any other duties as assigned from time to time.
1) Ordinary Level Certificate with a pass in English.
2) A valid driving permit- Class B
3) Possession of a competency driving certificate and Class A driving permit will be
an added advantage.
At least three years driving experience
1. be ready to drive in any part of the country upon instruction.
2. be ready to relocate residence near duty station.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their application letters, detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of two (2) referees and supporting original scanned documents addressed to the Ag. Secretary through the email address: [email protected]
• Applications should be submitted in one PDF file not exceeding 10MB.
• Applicants should attach a recent passport photo on their application letters.
• All serving public servants should submit their applications through their Responsible Officers.
1. Any form of bribery or influence peddling of any sort for and on behalf of any applicant shall lead to automatic disqualification.
2. Applicants who shall not hear from the Commission on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
3. Details of the vacant positions can be found on the Uganda Law Reform Commission official website – www.ulrc.go.ug
Deadline: 28th June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.