Job Title: Finance Assistant – Uganda Red Cross Society Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Headquarters, Uganda
Grade UR 6
Reports to: To the Finance Officer
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for ensuring quality and timely reporting of project funds as well as accountability for the funds disbursed to staff, ensuring compliance with the appropriate principles and procedures.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Follow up on budget utilisation and prepare monthly budget monitoring reports for review.
- Report on budget analyses, variances, and propose actions to be taken to address them.
- Accountancy, Document Management, and Financial Management
- Verify the authenticity of accountability documents
- Process financial transactions in line with URCS policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure proper filing of the finance and project documents.
- Follow-up procurements for the projects promptly.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monitor working advance balances and ensure all working advances are accounted for as per URCS guidelines,
- Reconcile staff debtor and creditor balances.
- Provide on the job training to new staff as directed by the supervisors.
Financial Risk Management
- Participate in the assessment of financial risks and alert the supervisor about emerging risks.
- Manage assessed risks arising from activities that this role partakes in.
- The ideal candidate must hold a BSc/BBA or BCom degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics from a recognized institution;
- Level one of an accountancy certification course; i.e. CPA, ACCA or CIMA will be an added advantage
- One year of relevant work experience in a similar position.
- Work experience in the application of accounting software;
- Prior experience of NAVISION accounting software is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- High level of financial discipline and integrity;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- High level of integrity
- Good communication skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Society Jobs 2020:
Please send your filled application form, Download Here
and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed or hand-delivered, and or by post to:
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Due to large volumes of applications; only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Closing Date: Monday 13th July 2020
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.