Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Red Cross Society Job Advert: The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conﬂicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC Delegation has immediate openings for the following position:The ICRC Tracing team, in cooperation with Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS), provides services to people separated by conﬂicts and other situations of violence in order to search for their family members and re-establish contact between them, especially unaccompanied children.
Uganda Red Cross Society Job Advert: We are looking for an open-minded, adaptable and methodical person who is strongly motivated by humanitarian work to join our Tracing team. The position demands a high sense of discretion in dealing with conﬁdential information.
Under the supervision of the Vehicle Fleet Manager, the Staff member will be handling the following tasks; Transportation
- Drive assigned ICRC Vehicle with respect of speed, Pl braking and smooth handling with minimum stress on the vehicle.
- ls aware of the road, security, trafﬁc and weather conditions
- Transport ICRC staff and cargo according to instructions given
- Un /Loading cargo and verify that related documents cc correspond to actual load ce
- Perform weekend or public holiday standby duties when re required ‘
- Vehicle Control, Maintenance and Reporting A; relevant level of hierarchy
- Ensure regular fuelling and cleaning of cars in accordance to instruction by superior
- Daily checks on general working and body conditions of the cars (oil, water, tyre pressure)
- Check equipment of each car (tool box, ﬁrst aid kit etc) on regular basis (minimum weekly)
- Cleans assigned vehicle internally and externally
- Fill in the Logbooks of the cars generators as appropriate relevant level of hierarchy
- Report about the general situation, road condition, or any problem to Supervisor.
- Report all vehicle faults or missing equipment to Supervisor
- Report accidents according to the ICRC driving regulations
- Park the vehicle in safe areas
- Respect ICRC internal security and driving rules
- Adhere to national traffic regulations
- Fully responsible to ensure cargo is loaded in a safe manner
- Know and follow radio communication procedures
- Forward any security related information to supervisor
Minimum required knowledge and experience:
- Secondary school education
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the position and mas of 4-wheel drive with classes up to DL.
- Valid driving license for at least 5 years with a clean record of minimum 3 years ,
- Knowledge of VHF/HF radio use
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Good knowledge of oral and written English and lot languages
- Good organizational, communication and reporting skills
- Discrete and honest person
Job application procedure Interested candidates will have to send their handwritten application with a detailed CV indicating email and phone contacts, copies (not originals) of academic and work certiﬁcates, indicating a minimum of two profession referees. Applications should be addressed to the
P.O. Box 4442 Kampala,
Plot 8 John Babiiha Avenue, Kololo
To be delivered by Friday 3rd February 2017. Indicate the position you are applying for on the envelop.
- Register your application at the ofﬁce and receive reference number for tracking your application.
- Only applications that fullfil the criteria stated above will be considered. Applicants who are not contacts by 17.02.2017 should consider their application unsuccessful.
- No payments are required or accepted for this process and any canvassing will lead to disqualiﬁcation.
- Female candidates are encouraged apply.
Fresher Jobs in Uganda: Uganda Red Cross Society Job Advert – A ‘level Driver Jobs Uganda