Job Title: Communication Officer – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2022
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society
Duty Station: Headquarters
Reports to: Director Communications, Resource Mobilization & Partnerships Management
Uganda Red Cross Society Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
To provide strategic communications and support to Uganda Red Cross through the development and implementation of high-quality communications and public engagement strategies that effectively describe and promote the organization’s visibility, its mission, vision, and core values before the stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Internal and External Communication
- Participate in the development and implementation of the URCS Communication strategy aimed at building the profile of URCS while emphasizing the impact of our programs to the stake holders.
- Engage in strategic communications planning and processes that support to strengthen the organization’s Public Image, and raise public awareness about the URCS mandate.
- Coordinate Institutional communications activities across the country, while paying attention to enabling Public Understanding of URCS Mandate.
- Participate in the development and management of the communications departmental budget
- Develop and deliver a communications strategy to ensure staff and volunteers across URCS and the Partners are informed and engaged with the organization’s work
- Manage the planning and production of compelling stories for program reporting
- Compile need stories in communities for URCS fundraising efforts
- Capture content and curate for advocacy and publicity materials (web-based, electronic, print and video) for effective donor and public engagement
- Oversee the consistent and timely production of feature stories and photos for sharing with URCS internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that stories, photos and other materials are produced to standards of quality required for informing, educating and engaging said donors and publics via Partnership websites, magazines, adverts, donor appeals, media releases and other communications channels and outlets
Media Engagement & Management
- Support media engagement to generate positive news coverage as well as opportunities to raise the Profile of URCS (Institutional Visibility)
- Prepare and position URCS for important media opportunities and interviews that promote and protect the public image the National Society
- Develop a crisis communications management plan aimed at protecting the reputation of URCS during
Emergency Communications Management
- Plan and manage communications in response during emergencies and disaster situations, while profiling the role and mandate of the National Society.
- Prepare emergency communication materials for institutional promotion and donor reporting
- Gather content to support fundraising during emergencies
Advocacy Communications Management
- Collaborate with program departments in defining key issues, messaging, and identify appropriate communications channels for public advocacy initiatives.
- Support advocacy campaigns and increase public understating of the URCS efforts in delivering campaign massages.
- Ensure that Staff, Volunteer and Partners adhere and comply with communications policies, protocols, standards and branding guidelines
- Support and ensure that all communications to various stakeholders, media and public are aligned to URCS quality and brand guidelines.
Minimum Qualifications for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2022:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or any related field an approved, recognized and reputable university.
- Minimum of at least 2 years’ professional experience in Journalism or Public Relations.
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Innovation and creatively
- Stakeholder management
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Technology awareness
- Policy research and development
- Change capability and adaptability
- Manage resources
- Empowering and building trust.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven experience in editorial, knowledge management web site and intranet management including excellent proven oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in different computer design, software, photography and video.
- Proven experiences in organisation of events
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Strong planning and organising skills
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Well-grounded and seasoned communication professional, with experience in developing communications /marketing materials
- Ability to translate the corporate communication plans and principles to more detailed approach and plan at the country level and identify and act on bottlenecks.
- Ability to develop marketing and communications materials for project team and country level.
- Demonstrated experience in managing partnership with private business companies
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2022
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; [email protected] or hand-delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Email: [email protected]
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 12th June 2022 at 5:00 p.m
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.