Job Title: Cashier/Accountant – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2022
Organization: International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Profile:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian organisation. Having its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, the ICRC is given its mandate by the Geneva Conventions to protect victims of international and internal armed conflicts.
The Cashier/Accountant is accountable for the physical processing of cash transactions and the integrity of physical cash balances in the delegation, strictly respecting and applying the ICRC’s rules on financial management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Cash and bank (70%)
- Handles the delegation’s cash disbursements and payments, including salaries, per diems and working advances. And ensures full and timely settlement of all working advances as per ICRC financial rules.
- Receives and prepares invoices for payment by cash, check or bank transfer through checking the accuracy and consistency of all information including amounts, accounting details, attachments/supporting documents, approvals, etc prior to payment.
- Carries out daily cash count and reconciliation for both local and foreign currencies.
- Participates in cash-flow management by ensuring sufficient liquidity at the delegation and effective coordination of cash replenishment from the bank.
- Keeps accounting files up to date at all times and guarantees proper filing of relevant supporting documents for future reference, including audit.
- Filing and payment of monthly statutory deductions including NSSF, PAYE and LST as per deadlines.
- Compiling and filing VAT refund returns.
- Ensures respect for financial procedures and guidelines and explains them to “clients”.
Monthly closure (20%)
- Participates in the monthly closure of accounts and prepares the necessary documents for the closing operation.
Financial procedures and follow up (10%)
- Applies all financial procedures as per ICRC financial rules and F&A manual.
- Explains financial procedures to a collaborator and especially to new staff.
- Participates in replies to Manila accounting comments.
- The applicant for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Cashier/Accountant should hold a University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business administration or related field
- At least three years of professional experience. Experience in an international organization an asset.
- Sound knowledge of accounting software.
- Trustworthy and honest
- Available for immediate deployment
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2022
All interested candidates should submit their application clearly titled ” Cashier/Accountant” (including CV and copies of academic and work certificates) exclusively by email to the following address: [email protected]
NB: Note that any applications received after the above-mentioned deadline will not be considered. Only candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted
Deadline: 11th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.