Job Title: 6 Accounts Clerks – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Location: Kampala East, Mbarara, Hoima, Mbale, Arua, Gulu, Uganda
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Uganda Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
The Accounts Clerk will be responsible for the provision of accounting and administrative services at Branch level. The position holder will make sure that they apply appropriate accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate financial reports are delivered timely.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Processing Payments, accountabilities and manage Branch collections
- Review of payments requisitions, especially regarding budget availability, and appropriateness of corresponding support documents.
- Processing/preparing payment vouchers.
- Receive and acknowledge receipt of accountability documents.
- Review and query (if necessary) the accountability documents. The appropriate checklist must guide the review.
- Issue query sheets in case of deficits on the accountability documents.
- Record double entries relating to the accountabilities in the accounting system.
- Post accountabilities after the supervisor’s approval.
- Filing accountabilities and payment vouchers.
- Organize photocopy, sort and dispatch the financial documents to HQ.
- Process Branch remittances to head quarter (20%, 50%)
- Manage collections and follow up of payments from Branch income generating activities.
Budgeting & Reporting
- Bank reconciliations reports.
- Develop Branch annual and quarterly budgets.
- Prepare Branch financial reports and submit to respective officers in the Organizational Development and Finance Department at head quarter.
- Assess risks that affect the achievement of the job purpose/objective.
- Manage assessed risks.
- Maintain a risk register.
- Escalate risks to the supervisor.
- Implement measures to ensure compliance to URCS policies and procedures.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor
- The ideal candidate must hold a BSc/BBA/B.Com degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics from a recognized institution
- One year of relevant work experience in a similar position;
- Experience in Navision Accounting System is essential but not a prerequisite
- Essential Skills
- Proficiency in bookkeeping and double-entry accounting
- High level of financial discipline and integrity;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision;
- Strong Interpersonal skills;
- High level of integrity
- Good communication skills
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application form, Download Here and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; [email protected] or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Email: [email protected]
NB: Due to large volumes of applications; only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Please specify your preferred location. URCS Service volunteers are encouraged to apply
Deadline: 20th December 2021 by 5.00 p.m.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.