Job Title: Legal Officer – Uganda Airlines Jobs 2022
Organization: Uganda National Airlines Company Limited
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Company Secretary
Department: Legal and Board Affairs
Uganda Airlines Profile:
Uganda Airlines is Uganda’s flagship national passenger and cargo carrier. We provide scheduled air transportation services in East Africa and near-international markets.
On 23rd April 2019, we received our first two Bombardier CRJ900s, the first of a growing fleet. During our first phase of operations, we will be flying to the cities of Nairobi, Mombasa, Dar es Salaam, Kilimanjaro, Juba, Bujumbura, and Mogadishu.
With the upcoming arrival and addition of new planes to our fleet, we will expand our route map and fly to DRC, Zanzibar, Asmara, Hargeisa, Lusaka, Harare, Johannesburg, Djibouti, and Addis Ababa, and plan to make international flights connecting Uganda to Europe, the Middle East, West Africa and Asia.
To support the Company Secretary in various legal aspects of the Company ranging from representing the Company in lawsuits on behalf of the Company to contract negotiations and arbitrations. To ensure that the Company is compliant with the legal framework and that legal procedures are followed, and operations are within legal regulations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Perusing, drafting, and understanding various company contracts and transactions and providing legal advice on all subjects.
- Providing useful inputs in negotiations and contracts
- In case of lawsuits, investigating the cause of the litigation, collecting evidence that is permissible in the court of law and preparing all the groundwork required to prosecute the case
- Ensuring that all the Company’s licenses, agreements, and permits are valid and renewing legal contracts before they lapse.
- Ensuring that all statutory matters regarding Company compliance are done.
- Supervise junior level legal officers and train them in company law procedures
- Ensuring documentation of all legal documents of the Company to maintain confidentiality
- Taking record of minutes of Senior Management meetings
- And any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for Uganda Airlines Jobs 2022
- A Bachelor’s degree in law followed by certification.
- Diploma in Legal practice.
- Proven experience at senior management level for at least 3 years.
- Excellent knowledge about all matters of law related to the field of work, which can range from corporate companies to Government organizations.
- Excellent analytical and observation skills.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Good investigation capabilities.
- Ability to work long hours.
How To Apply for Uganda Airlines Jobs 2022
All candidates who wish to join Uganda Airlines in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Closing Date: 3rd March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug