Job Title: Cost Accountant – Uganda Airlines Jobs 2022
Organization: Uganda National Airlines Company Limited
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Director Finance & Support Services
Department: Finance and Support Services
Uganda Airlines Profile:
Uganda Airlines is Uganda’s flagship national passenger and cargo carrier. We provide scheduled air transportation services in East Africa and near-international markets.
On 23rd April 2019, we received our first two Bombardier CRJ900s, the first of a growing fleet. During our first phase of operations, we will be flying to the cities of Nairobi, Mombasa, Dar es Salaam, Kilimanjaro, Juba, Bujumbura, and Mogadishu.
With the upcoming arrival and addition of new planes to our fleet, we will expand our route map and fly to DRC, Zanzibar, Asmara, Hargeisa, Lusaka, Harare, Johannesburg, Djibouti, and Addis Ababa, and plan to make international flights connecting Uganda to Europe, the Middle East, West Africa and Asia.
The Cost Accountant will oversee and analyze cost expenditures and purchases within the Company. They review services and goods, record data, and make recommendations about cost-efficient and financially feasible cost options.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the organization’s cost accounting system, documents, and records.
- Analyze and recommend costs and cost savings mechanisms.
- Prepare and complete internal cost audits.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Analyze the data collected and log a detailed record of the results.
- Analyze any changes in goods or services provided to determine what effect it has on the cost.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect the prices and profitability of products or services.
- Assist in audits and general ledger preparation.
- Conduct physical inventories and monitor the cycle count program.
- Preparing audit reports, sharing findings with management, and advising management on cost-cutting strategies.
- Establishing costs of business processes such as administration, labor, shipping, etc.
Qualifications for Uganda Airlines Jobs 2022
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Management, or Finance is required, and a minimum of Level 2 CPA.
- Cost Accounting work experience of 2 years of is a MUST.)
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Knowledge of appropriate accounting and financial software packages e.g. SUN, SAP, Oracle is an added advantage.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report-writing, communication, and IT skills.
How To Apply for Uganda Airlines Jobs 2022
All candidates who wish to join Uganda Airlines in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Closing Date: 3rd March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug