Job Title: Catering Assistant – Uganda Airlines Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda Airlines
Duty Station: Kampala
Uganda Airlines Profile:
Uganda Airlines, the National Carrier of the Republic of Uganda based at Entebbe International Airport is now accepting applications for a number of job opportunities.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for presenting a positive image of the airline in keeping with its brand to connect the world to the Pearl of Africa. You will be enthusiastic about serving all Uganda Airlines customers and colleagues with courtesy and respect in line with the company’s values. You will also be championing safety and ensuring international aviation standards are maintained at the airline. This is a great opportunity to be part of the new National Airline, in this exciting industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure distribution of catering orders.
- Ensure the provisioning of aircraft supplies.
- Liaise with other Departments (Ground Handling-Traffic-Ramp, etc.) regarding problems that will affect the overall station performance (aircraft delays, etc.)
- Ensure equipment packing tray layup, pre-set and pre-flight checks loading bay.
- Support in the Inspection and monitoring of quantity, quality, and presentation of food items received from the production.
- Support in the Supervision and control of stores.
- Ensure the smooth functioning of Wash Up area and ensure hygiene standards are maintained.
- Coordinate with airline representatives, adhoc, VIP- CIP flights for meal uplifts and equipment.
- Ensure all company properties such as vehicles, radios, thermometers, communication equipment’s and other equipment are properly maintained.
- Ensure vehicle washing, pest controls, servicing are carried out.
- Submit daily shift reports to the section head.
- Any other duties as directed by the Inflight Catering Supervisor.
- Degree holder in the related discipline preferably in Hotel / Catering or tourism Management
- OR one years’ college Diploma in related discipline preferably in the catering services.
- 2 years of relevant experience in the aviation sector with practical knowledge of food handling, hygiene, catering accounting, supervisory skills.
- Customer-focused and hospitable.
- Team player.
- Proactive/results orientated.
- Warm, friendly, pleasant & presentable.
- Good communication and intrapersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
How To Apply for Uganda Airlines Jobs 2020:
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full-size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online via the link below or by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Manager Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Apply Online Here Now:
Deadline: 28th December 2020.