Job Title: Financial Accountant (Re-advertised) – UGAFODE Jobs 2022
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Re-Opening: 5th February 2022
NB: Those who applied earlier need not re-apply
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) Profile
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for effective implementation of UGAFODE’s accounting policies and managing risk through: Financial reporting of a fully reconciled and well hedged balance sheet, tax planning and compliance to meet external stakeholders’ requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Financial accounting and risk management:
- Daily GL data integrity
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of balance sheets for UGAFODE;
- Proactively follows up on issues arising from balance sheet reviews;
- Chart of accounts/General ledger maintenance including controlled opening of new accounts, close monitoring and closure of dormant/inactive GL accounts;
- Plans and coordinates annual fixed assets verification exercise within UGAFODE
- Prepares and submits timely and accurate BoU returns:
- Coordination of end of year external audit as well as all other Audits including Bank of Uganda audit, URA and other stakeholder audits like grant funders;
- Provides oversight role on internal reports to all stakeholders;
- Conducting data quality reviews to ensure improvements in efficiency and accuracy of the reports;
- Monthly IFRS 9 computation including securities validation
- Grant Management
Compliance and risk management:
- Accurate and timely filing of statutory returns and payments
- Prepares and submits accurate statutory accounts, fully supported & ensures timely publication of accounts;
- Accurate and timely submission of shareholder returns;
- Oversight for BoU returns, URA – PAYE, NSSF, VAT, WHT and preparation of corporation tax;
- Submission of all URA/NSSF returns before due date i.e. at least 5 days;
- Adherence to lender and donor covenants
- Financial Analysis & cost containment: Prepares monthly analyses of income and cost drivers as and when requested for distribution to line management so as to enhance budgetary efficiencies
- System and Data integrity: Ensures prompt identification, logging, tracking and resolution of system issues through close working with ICT/Channels Manager/MIS and Automation of Financial processes and reports;
- Internal Controls and processes management: Ensures regular review and update of processes and procedures in line with changing International Reporting Standards, Regulatory and statutory requirements as well as internal operating processes in order to enhance reporting.
- Team Leadership: Takes full responsibility for performance management of all direct reports, focusing on all aspects of sound people management e.g. Recruitment, Development, Performance Management, Remuneration and Rewards, Career path planning, On-the-job training, coaching & mentoring and Employee engagement etc.
Minimum Qualifications for UGAFODE Jobs 2022
- At least a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business or Commerce
- Possessing a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- Three years of post-qualification experience in finance from banking or microfinance institution is of added advantage
- Having excellent knowledge of IFRS, Uganda tax legislation and the MDI Act.
- Ability to operate at strategic level in addition to delivering at an operational level.
- Knowledgeable with Banking or Microfinance business operations.
- A Strong team leader with good communication, negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate, develop and supervise the Accounts Officers reporting into this role.
- A problem solver with strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- A proactive self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good computer literacy skills (MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, matched with experience in use of accounting software and management information systems).
How To Apply for UGAFODE Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as stated, submit an application letter together with an up-to-date CV to our email: [email protected]. Save the Documents as Your Full Name & indicate the job title you are applying for in the Email Subject Line. Your applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources
Deadline: 18th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.