Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer – UGAFODE Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: The Manager IT Services
Ref: HR/STAFF/VAC – 16/11/21/3
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited, commonly called UGAFODE, is a microfinance deposit-accepting institution (MDI) in Uganda. It is licensed and supervised by the Bank of Uganda, the central bank and national banking regulator.
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the oversight and management of the bank’s Networks, Infrastructure, and Security with the key aim of ensuring operational performance, capacity, security and risk management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Development of Infrastructure strategy: Develop infrastructure plan and manage the design, maintenance, development and evaluation of all bank infrastructure systems, including LANs,
- WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations etc.
- Ensure connectivity: Test network and server performance, provide network/server performance statistics and reports to ensure proper maintenance of the network/Server infrastructure.
- Service Delivery: Monitor bandwidth usage, analyze traffic patterns and volumes, and determine impact/implications of issues and thereafter propose recommendations to management.
- Creation of technical awareness: Develop, Plan/schedule maintenance activities and communicate standards for use, and security of network in a timely manner.
- Ensure Compliance: Operating in total adherence to all ICT operational process requirements by implementing policies & procedures related to bank’s network hardware, use, support, security (including monitoring & identification of intrusions) and backup.
- Cost optimization & improved efficiency: Oversee purchases of all new ICT equipment for Technical Services, by recording and taking proper inventory of all Network & infrastructure assets of the Bank.
- Support with Training: Conduct and manage trainings for team, staff and users on all ICT infrastructure and other LAN/WAN related malfunctions and sensitize users of the need to protect network hardware, use, support, and safeguarding against security intrusion.
- Supporting Business Continuity: Diagnose and resolve hardware failures, network operating system problems and other LAN/WAN related malfunctions and ensure substantive Disaster
- Recovery and Business Continuity plans are in place, regularly tested and updated.
- Robust ICT operations: Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- ICT Security Role: Design and implement ICT Security plan focusing on ensuring good practice of ICT and cyber security standards and methodologies that align policy, business, and technological approaches to addresses cyber risks. Find comprehensive cost-effective measures to improve cyber security posture focusing on improving the bank ability to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover from any cyber incidence on our ICT assets.
Minimum Qualifications for UGAFODE Jobs 2021
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering, MIS or equivalent, and CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
- At least three years’ experience in WAN/LAN and cyber security environment and experience in microfinance business processes
- Knowledge in use of Cisco, Sophos and other soft routers, switches and other network interfaces.
- Broad understanding of VOIP Telephony systems.
- Knowledge of related statutory IT compliance regulations, IT and MIS banking policies, procedures and systems.
- Support Head of ICT- Consultation on infrastructure and systems management
- Management & staff-Compliance to ICT procedures, communication for maintenance & support of the ICT infrastructure.
- Supporting Internal Audit, Risk, Compliance for due adherence.
- Support Bank customers, ICT Vendors, External Audit, consultants and Regulator
General and Behavioral
- Analytical diagnostic and attention to detail
- Ingenuity and creativity for network issues
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Good work planning and organization
- Communication and reporting skills – including the ability to ability to manage third party contractors
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of ICT Operations in a Banking environment including Microfinance setting.
- Working knowledge of the following: Windows 7 to 10, Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019, Microsoft Exchange 2013, 2016, SharePoint, VMware ESXi 6.5, Web hosting technologies, Microsoft Office Products, Unix and/or Oracle.
- Broad understanding of server and computer systems, Network operating systems and computer applications.
How To Apply for UGAFODE Jobs 2021
If you believe you meet the requirements as stated, submit a motivation letter & an up-to-date CV as a single document to our email: [email protected].
- Indicate your Name, the Job Title you are applying for in the Email Subject Line.
- Your applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and females are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 30th November, 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.