Job Title: Legal Assistant – UGAFODE Jobs 2021
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref: HR/STAFF/VAC – 6/9/12/21
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) Profile
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
The Legal Assistant will implement legal action for the non-performing portfolio of UGAFODE as guided by Institutional Policies and existing Laws in order to maintain the Institution’s asset quality in addition to managing litigation risk.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide cost-effective and timely legal advisory services and support to the Credit Recovery Function at UGAFODE to foster effective management of Regulatory and Litigation risk and to facilitate the recovery of Non-Performing loans.
- Co-ordinate the conduct of litigation matters in liaison with External Advocates, Bailiffs which includes but is not limited to reviewing pleadings, preparing instructions, supporting witnesses, instituting the suits, coordinating hearing dates, and providing necessary documents to support timely resolution of UGAFODE’s cases.
- Represent UGAFODE in Courts of Law, other fora of Alternative Dispute Resolution, and participate in negotiating settlements in liaison with UGAFODE’s External Advocates and/ or the Credit Department.
- Conduct due diligence on non-performing loans forwarded for legal action to support recovery and to ensure compliance with the legal regime, policies and implement the appropriate action.
- Advise the credit department on the legislation on recovery of loans and Follow up, monitor the debt collectors to ensure all recovery mechanisms are done within the law
- Maintain schedules of up-to-date litigation and recovery cases and prepare reports on litigation and recovery cases for Management consideration within the required timelines.
- Address external and internal customer queries in accordance to Policy/ Service Level Agreement standards and timelines.
- Maintain a record of relevant litigation and recovery correspondence/ files and ensure safe custody thereof.
Minimum Qualifications for UGAFODE Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited Legal Assistant – Recovery job must hold a Bachelor of Laws (LLB -Hons) from a recognized University.
- A Diploma in legal Practices from the Law Development Centre.
- A valid advocates’ practising certificate
- At least one (1) year of post training experience and admission to practice law in Uganda.
- Sound understanding of the laws and regulations relating to financial institutions.
How To Apply for UGAFODE Jobs 2021
All candidates should submit their application letters and updated CVs to the Head of Human Resource via our email: [email protected] The CV should include your telephone contacts, contacts & email address of 3 referees. Your email subject line should include your name & job reference no. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.