Job Title: Banking Officer – UGAFODE Jobs 2021
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref: HR/STAFF/VAC – 2/9/12/21
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) Profile
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Banking Officer is responsible for performing a wide range of customer- centered activities and services like account opening, transactions (deposits and withdraws), cross-selling UGAFODE Products, customer complaints handling etc. aimed at impacting on the institution’s ability to attract, retain and manage customer relationships in an efficient and effective manner whilst complying to UGAFODE processes, controls and quality standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attracting potential customers: As the first line of customer contact with UGAFODE, welcomes, answers product and service questions to the potential customers in line with UGAFODE’s internal processes, controls, and procedures, maintains an ideal banking hall environment as per UGAFODE operating standards.
- Administration of customer account(s): Receives customer details, scrutinizes such details against UGAFODE standards such as KYC AND AML process controls as per customer instructions and mandate in regards to new account opening, modification, retrieval of customer information, reactivation of dormant accounts, account closure, etc.
- Processing Cash Transactions: receives deposits and pays-out cash as per as cash handling and payment process flows including deposits, money transfers, mobile money, etc. and capturing transactions in the core banking system, issuing acknowledgment
- Balancing daily cash: conducting day-to-day cash in and cash out of reconciliation both physically and on a system to ensure accurate reporting of teller’s work and accountability.
- Posting of the vault in and out receipts: In charge of posting all cash out of the vault and in the vault as directed by the Branch operations supervisor in line with cash management processes and procedures of UGAFODE (MDI).
- Compliance: Ensure adherence to UGAFODE set standards and controls in operations such as; account opening, teller transactions, customer complaint management, service turnaround time, etc. by implementing measures aimed at guaranteeing effective and efficient customer service.
- Managing customer feedback: undertakes to identify customer concerns, manages customer feedback, makes referrals to relevant authorities i.e. loans and other products, and suggests recommendations to improve service level efficiencies among others.
- Reporting: undertakes daily reporting on all new accounts, cash receipts, or payments in breach of proper KYC and AML standards and spooling daily teller and new/re-activated accounts/financial cards issued, etc.
- Managing stationery and movement of documents to and fro branch: stationary requisition and monitoring, dispatching different items through courier, and ensuring that the items have reached the intended destination.
Minimum Qualifications for UGAFODE Jobs 2021
- “Minimum” qualification is a Diploma / equivalent preferably in a business related field. E.g. B. Com, Accounting, BBA, B. A. Economics, Microfinance or equivalent. Must possess a credit in English & Maths at O – Level.
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of Banking environment is preferred.
- A person with excellent numeracy skills & strong attention to details
- Customer Service Savvy & has knowledge of the MS Office suite (Word and Excel).
- Possesses knowledge of UGAFODE products, service offering & has selling ability.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Attention to Detail & Multi-tasking Mastery.
How To Apply for UGAFODE Jobs 2021
All candidates should submit their application letters and updated CVs to the Head of Human Resource via our email: [email protected] The CV should include your telephone contacts, contacts & email address of 3 referees. Your email subject line should include your name & job reference no. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.