Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Information Systems Auditor – UETCL Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) Profile:
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is a public Limited Company, which is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Uganda, and holds the following operational licences. System Operator, Operation of the High Voltage Transmission Grid, Bulk Power Supply, import and Export of Power and; Public Infrastructure Provider (for ownership and operation of the Optic Fibre).
Our Vision is: “Electricity Transmission for Sustainable Regional Development.”
Our Mission is: “To buy, transmit and sell quality bulk power.”
The position located at Company Head Office in the Internal Audit and Assurance department reports to the Senior Internal Auditor. The primary purpose of the role is to conduct Information Systems(IS) Audit assignments as per the approved Annual Audit Plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Preparing audit programs and procedures for each Information Systems audit assignment which may include I$ network reviews, Business application systems review, Database reviews, IS security reviews, IS development/acquisition reviews, IS processes review etc.
• Execute Information Systems(IS) audit assignments and document well referenced working papers for each in accordance with information Systems audit standards and in line with International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
• Perform Information Systems reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
• Review internal controls by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommend improvements.
• Preparation of audit reports and PowerPoint presentations on Information Systems audits
• Perform audit follow-up and tracking of open audit findings to ensure that these are closed within the agreed timelines.
• Participate in providing assurance on the effectiveness of risk management in the Information technology, effectiveness of existing controls in technology acquisition, implementation and sign off of IS projects.
• Assist in extraction and analysis of audit data using the Teammate Audit Management software and training other new audit staff in the use of Teammate.
• Assisting and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems and recommend revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies in carrying out Information Systems audits.
• Conduct operational, compliance, Information Systems and investigative audits, as assigned.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any other relevant qualification from a reputable University.
• Possession of a professional Information Systems qualification such as CISA or CISM will be an added advantage.
• Must be a member of a relevant professional body i.e ISACA, IIA
• Experience in audit of ERP (Oracle, SAP) and DB is desired
• Knowledge and experience in the use of key Computer Audit Packages such as ACL and Team Mate will be an added advantage.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• A minimum of three (3) years of Information Systems Audit experience in a reputable organization.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Must be a person of High level of integrity.
Remuneration: Attractive remuneration package that is competitive.
Interested persons should send their applications enclosing certified copies of academic and professional credentials along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime contact telephone, or fax or e-mail and giving three referees to:
The Ag. Manager,
Human Resource and Administration
Uganda Electricity Transmission
P.O. Box 7625
UETCL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 05/2021
Deadline: 28th May 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.