Job Title: Safety Health & Environment (SHE) Assistant – UEDCL Jobs
Organization: Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL)
Reports To: Senior Safety Health & Environment Officer.
Job Location: Head office
Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) Profile:
UEDCL Jobs : The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage in the electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company monitors Umeme Ltd’s investment, generation, and distribution of power in eight territories covering over 67 Districts, operation of the pole plant at Lugogo, and execution of some rural electrification schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources.
- To ensure effective and efficient implementation of the Quality Management System and the Safety, Health and Environment Policy to achieve the company objectives.
- Travel in Operational areas to train, Monitor safety & Compliance. Makes Reports on Incidences and near Misses. Manages Compensation processes as per the established laws.
- Provide assistance to senior safety health and environment (SHE) officer in designing safety protocols (SHE policy and strategies).
- Provide clerical support to the Health and Safety Committee and senior safety health and environment (SHE) officer Forum
- Initiate and implement safety measures in work areas.
- Inspect work area premises for hazardous elements.
- Educate workers and employees on safety aspects.
- Assist senior safety health and environment (SHE) officer in preparing safety manuals and guidelines.
- Collaborate with departmental heads in implementing safety processes and guidelines.
- Establish and manage the first aid centre in the work station.
- Ensure first aid treatment is provided immediately to injured employees.
- Ensure fighting equipment are in place and in a sound working condition
- Initiate and implement patient safety in a facility setting.
- Strictly adhere to corporate safety guidelines and procedure
- Minimum of a Diploma in Engineering from a reputable Tertiary Institution.
- Good communication and written skills
- Experience gained at a senior level with respect to health, safety and environment in a similar or related industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; and Proficiency with international health and safety standards.
How To Apply:
Please submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae online via the link below;
Click Here To Start Your Application
Deadline: 8th November 2019
Are you subscribed to our Daily Job Email Updates? If not, subscribe via the button below: Don’t miss any new jobs!!