Job Title: Accounts Assistant – UDHA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Development and Health Associates
Duty Station: Iganga
Uganda Development and Health Associates Profile:
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities where we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA seeks to fill the positions below in anticipation of a sub Grant award to implement the HIV/TB activities supported by the Global Fund through THE AIDS Support Organization (TASO) Uganda, the Second Principal recipient of the Global Fund , UDHA will be a Sub Recipient(SR) of TASO Uganda for third cycle of the New Funding Model (NFM3) for the period 2021 to 2023. The Grants aims to support the implementation of Uganda’s Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis.
Responsible for day to day Management of all books of prime entry such as cash book, ledgers,
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper and chronological filing of finance documents
- Support the Accountant in bank and Beyonic reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Carry out timely filing and payment of statutory deductions
- Ensure that all payments for suppliers are approved in accordance with relevant regulations and approved work plans.
- File statutory deduction returns and ensure prompt payments of the same.
- Initiate payments in QuickBooks and Beyonic.
- Maintain appropriate Beyonic and Bank Balance levels
- Ensure that Cheque books, invoices etc. are kept in a secure place and well accounted for.
- Ensure payment requests are fully supported before Cheques/RTGS/Electronic payment system is initiated.
- Ensure proper filing of vouchers with proper supporting documents and on proper files.
- Receive accountabilities from staff before being reviewed by Accountant.
- Prepare and maintain tracking log of all documents received and released from finance
- Assisting Accountants during internal audit, external audit and compliance reviews processes.
- Issue receipts and receive refunds
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- The applicant should hold at least a Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration with Level 1 of CPA or ACCA or a Degree in Accounting or finance or BBA (Finance) with level 1 CPA or ACCA.
- Additional Training: Stores management or purchasing and supply management will be of added advantage.
- Experience using mobile money payments platforms like Beyonic, Yo-Uganda, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of Finance experience working in an NGO is mandatory.
- Highest level of Integrity and Honesty.
- Appropriate degree of assertiveness
- Speed and Accuracy in record checking.
- Ability to work as part of the team.
- IT skills including MS Office & QuickBooks accounting software.
How To Apply for UDHA Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates who meet the requirements are encouraged to submit in single PDF their cover letter, CV and CERTIFIED copies of academic documents of not more than 2GB addressed as below to: [email protected] with copy to [email protected]
The Executive Officer Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) P. O. Box 77, Iganga Municipality
Deadline: 09-April-2021 by 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.