Job Title: Library Assistant Intern (children’s Library) – UCU Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda Christian University
Uganda Christian University (UCU) Profile:
We were founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through higher education – not only of the clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997
- A recent (2:1) Diploma in Library and Information Science/Archives and Records Management from Uganda Christian University.
- A (2:1) Bachelors Degree in Library and Information Science/Archives and Records Management from Uganda Christian University will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate in at least two packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good presentation and report writing skills.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and be a willingness to put in extra hours when needed.
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Must be a committed Christian.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide reference, reader advisory services to children by, for example, explaining basic library functions, services, and resources to children, parents, and childminders.
- Classify, catalog and index existing materials and assist child users to find suitable reading materials.
- Creating/starting, organizing, supervising and maintaining other children’s libraries at UCU or UCU affiliated colleges and campuses as the need arises and as funds allow.
- Circulate library materials to children, (c/o parents and minders) for children’s use.
- Shelve and maintain good housekeeping for a good reading environment for children.
- Do simple repairs to materials or recommend them for bindery.
- Recommend and source for materials to be added or weeded out.
- Assist in planning and implementing library programs and activities for children in harmony with the rest of the University Library services.
- Work with the Kids Care Centre of the University to promote literacy and reading culture in children by providing Library instructions, Story-Telling activities, visits to other children’s libraries, etc.
- Supervise interns and volunteers who may work in the Children’s Library.
- Keeping statistics of children’s library functions.
How To Apply For UCU Uganda Jobs 2020 – No Experience Library Assistant Intern
Upload an application letter together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three references; (Academic and Pastoral). Copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts. Only online applications will be accepted.
Deadline: 31 January 2020.