Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: 8 REGIONAL COFFEE EXTENSION OFFICERS – UCDA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: UCDA regional offices.
UCDA Uganda Profile:
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) is established as a public authority and its mandate is to promote and oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling the quality and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Implement and supervise coffee nursery development programs, distribution of seed and seedlings; and oversee compliance with distribution procedures, and established standard operating guidelines.
2. Implement coffee extension programs, in line with the departmental guidelines.
3. Promote new technologies which have been developed by coffee research and disseminate the same to farmers.
4. Maintain surveillance on coffee diseases & pests and implement pest and disease control activities,
5. Liaise with and ensure effective collaboration with local authorities and other bodies with an interest in matters of coffee development in the respective districts.
6. Participate in development of work plans and budgets for the Region.
7. Provide technical support in the collection of coffee production and marketing data, and administering of questionnaires on coffee matters in the respective area of operation.
8. Monitor the quality of Coffee at the farm and enforcement coffee regulations by periodically checking on farmers.
9. Compile monthly reports on coffee activities in the sub region.
10. Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
1. Bachelor of Science (First Class or Upper Second class) in Agriculture, or Agribusiness Management or Agriculture Extension or related field from a recognized university.
2. At least 3 years’ working experience in Extension-related discipline in local government, private sector or NGO.
3. Valid driving and riding permits.
How To Apply for UCDA Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application/cover letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae through the link below:
Deadline: 28th August 2020.
In case you have any further questions about the role, contact us on [email protected]