Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: 6 QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICERS – UCDA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala.
UCDA Uganda Profile:
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) is established as a public authority and its mandate is to promote and oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling the quality and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Carry out pre-shipment inspection of all coffee exports in line with the Coffee Regulations
2. Supervise export loading and ensure that all containers are sealed.
3. Perform routine analytical procedures, physical and sensory analysis on coffee samples.
4. Keep an updated register of findings on all coffee samples analyzed.
5. Establish quality trends by analyzing fairly average quality coffee, Ochratoxin A levels in coffee.
6. Implement coffee profiling and characterization activities.
7. Compile information on compliance to standards at different levels of the value chain.
8. Compile quality data required for issuing certificates, writing reports and publications
9. Undertake all basic quality control training programmes for processors, farmers, Quality Controllers, and Technicians.
10. Carry out any other duties as assigned by Management
1. Bachelor of Science (First Class or Upper Second class) in Chemistry/ Biochemistry or Food Science and Technology or Biological Sciences from a recognized university.
2. Certification in Basic Quality Control (BQC), or Barista, or Q and R Grading will be an added advantage.
3. At least three (3) years’ relevant working experience in a similar field.
4. Working knowledge of the laws, regulations, guidelines, procedures affecting the coffee industry,
5. Basic computer skills and statistical data analysis,
6. Excellent report writing, communication and good customer
How To Apply for UCDA Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application/cover letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae through the link below:
Deadline: 28th August 2020.
In case you have any further questions about the role, contact us on [email protected]