Job Title: 3 Coffee Technical Officers – UCDA Jobs 2022
Organization: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: UCDA field offices, Uganda
Reports To: Technical Extension Manager
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) Profile:
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) is established as a Public Authority, and its mandate is to promote and oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling coffee quality, and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
To inspect coffee factories, equipment and factory infrastructure to ensure good manufacturing practices, and to disseminate agro-technical knowledge and skills to coffee farmers, buyers, processors, exporters and roasters for enhancement of coffee quality standards and value.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Inspect and evaluate coffee buying stores, primary processing factories, wet mills, export grading factories and roasters.
- Train coffee buyers and factory personnel (technicians, supervisors, and machine operators) in good coffee processing skills and maintenance of factories.
- Carry out regular field quality evaluations to determine out turn and screen size distribution.
- Disseminate information on factory infrastructure, equipment and new processing technology advances for enhancement of coffee quality.
- Register coffee buyers, coffee stores, coffee processors, primary coffee processing factories, wet mills, export grading factories, exporters and coffee.
- Train, advise and sensitize sector participants on good handling, processing and storage techniques for the maintenance of good coffee quality at post- harvest level.
- Train, empower and coordinate extension officers and other organs such as Agricultural Police, NEMA and local authorities in ensuring that coffee harvesting, post-harvest practices such as drying, buying, processing and storage of coffee conform to standards and the coffee regulations.
- Carry out trouble shooting task forces to assess the performance and compliance of coffee stakeholders to standards and coffee regulations.
- Prepare monthly reports on coffee technical extension activities.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- At least three years relevant working experience in agricultural commodity processing.
- Membership of a professional body will be an added advantage.
- Flexibility to work upcountry.
- Good communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Good time management skills
How To Apply for UCDA Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 5th April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.