Job Title: 16 Assistant Operations Officers (Airside Services) – UCAA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA)
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA) Profile:
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA) is a corporate body responsible for regulation of civil aviation in the country. It manages Entebbe International Airport (EIA) and thirteen (13) other upcountry aerodromes. UCAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs). The Authority has planned to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans of impeccable integrity and commitment to fill the position in its establishment
To enhance apron safety by enforcing laid down rules and regulations, doing oversight supervision of all ramp activities and plan for the parking of all aircraft in compliance with ICAO SARPS and CAA regulations
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning and execution of aircraft apron inbound and outbound activities
To allocate aircraft parking bays and inform:
b) Handling agents
c) Airline representative
- Inspect aircraft parking bay prior to aircraft arrival to ensure the bay is free of FOD.
- Provide marshaling and Follow Me services at all parking stands, ensuring safe and expeditious practices for aircraft entry into and exit from the apron, loading and unloading of passengers, baggage, mail and cargo, fueling, etc.
- Control aircraft engine run-up and aircraft towing.
- Co-ordinate aircraft engine start-up and push back with ATC.
- Ensure general cleanliness of movement areas and co
- Coordinate with personnel in the Bird Hazard Control Unit, Engineering Department and the airside-cleaning contractor.
- Liaises with ground handling agents and other parties to determine appropriate allocation of aircraft parking position, for each aircraft.
- Maintain up-to-date records of aircraft movements, incidents/accidents and other airside activities as will be assigned.
- Enter and update AODB required data.
- Safe docking of passenger boarding bridge onto the aircraft.
Enhancing safety through enforcing apron rules and regulations.
- Carries out thorough inspection of facilities with a checklist for every shift, covering 24 hours and reports any irregularities found in any area.
- Timely disseminate aircraft parking stand to all authorized interested parties.
- Maintain continuous and accurate flow of operational information, keeping abreast with all airport operations, activities and occurrences concerning aircraft operations and aircraft movements on daily basis.
- Liaise with other agencies such as Security, Oil companies, Customs, Immigration, ATC, airlines, in all matters pertaining to facilitation and enhanced flight operations by sharing authorized information in properly agreed procedure.
- Liaises with Government Agencies in event of VIP reception to ensure adequate facilitation.
- Participates in airside safety programs and activities.
- Keeps a listening watch on radio telephony (RT) and in the event of an emergency, takes appropriate action as defined in the Airport Emergency Plan, in relation to aircraft in air.
- Handles all feedback information from airlines, GHA and other airport users and report them to AOO/AS for remedial action.
3. Incident/accident reporting
- Makes daily operations reports and keeps record of customer complaints, accidents, and incidents separately.
- Prepares occurrence/ Airport Incident Report (Ref: CAA/EIA/EAOR/010) on each case promptly and accurately for supervisor’s action.
4. Coordinating with other agencies
- Liaise with other agencies such as Security, Oil companies, Customs, Immigration, ATC, in all matters pertaining to facilitation and enhanced flight operations by sharing authorized information in properly agreed procedure.
- To coordinate assistance in the event of aircraft emergency and other safety matter.
- Enforce airside regulation in respect of vehicle/equipment and personnel movements on the airside
5. Airport Operations Data Bank (AODB) output
- Monitor AODB system for the following output of the system. i.e.
1. Manage Flight Schedules and related information.
2. Manage proper Airport Resource allocation and utilization.
3. Provide Aviation Statistics and reports
4. Billing information
5. Trend Analysis
- Monitor and report status of AODB connectivity of the AODB system with Legacy Systems like PAXTRAX, Indra FIDS, etc. Monitor systems performance, data verification and sharing.
- Coordinate with CAA IT support to provide the required CAA IT Services to the AODB systems deployed making sure AODB data output is what is supposed to be generated.
- Manage AODB Seasonal Flight Schedules to ensure it is in the correct Format and right data input.
- Daily Flight Schedule Management: Responsible for the overall data displayed in the Daily Flight Schedule in AODB system. Make sure all Turn-Around Flights are entered in the system and are well linked. They will ensure that all flights information displayed is accurate i.e. flight numbers, Schedules, Estimates, and Actuals times, On/Off-Block, Bridge-On/Off, Flight Registrations, etc.
- Manage Overall AODB Data: Responsible for making sure that all data in AODB is correct and reports are generated. Make sure all responsible departments perform as required in order to complete the correct data flow in AODB system, i.e. Seasonal Flight Schedule, AFTN, Daily Flight Schedule, Marshallers (Airside Operations), Statistics, Ground Handlers, Clearance Office, Emergency Response Team, VIP/VVIP, Customer Care and AODB Administrators.
- Should possess a bachelor’s degree or Diploma in any of the following disciplines;
(iii) Engineering (Mechanical/Civil/Electrical/Electronic)
(v) Business administration and Management
- Must have a working knowledge of computers.
- Must have the ability to drive and in possession of a valid permit with class B.
- Exposure or training in any of the following will be an added advantage.
(i) Airport operations
(ii) Safety management
(iii) Customer care and public relations
(iv) Should be between 25 to 45 years of Age
How To Apply for the UCAA Uganda Jobs 2021:
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit a well written application letter with a detailed CV and copies of academic certificates with the job reference number clearly marked at the top left-hand corner of the envelope should be addressed to;
The Director Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority Head Office
P.O. Box 5536, KAMPALA
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. UCAA is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Please indicate your (day time) phone
Deadline: 12th February 2021, 4pm.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.