UBOS Jobs 2022 – 2 Fresher Cyber Security Analysts
August 8, 2022
Job Title: 2 Cyber Security Analysts – UBOS Jobs 2022
Organization: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Profile:
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous agency of Government responsible for maintenance, coordination, supervising and monitoring of the National Statistical System to ensure the collection, analysis and dissemination of standardised statistical information. The Bureau is also mandated as the principal official statistics producing agency in the country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them
- Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, un authorized or illegal activity
- Test and evaluate security products.
- Upgrade existing security systems.
- Engage in ‘ethical hacking’, for example, simulating security breaches.
- Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorized system users.
- Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations.
- Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders.
- Maintain an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security.
- Monitor and respond to ‘phishing’ emails and ‘pharming’ activity.
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues.
- Give advice and guidance to staff on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails.
- A Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) subject. Relevant degree subjects include: cyber/information/network security, computer science, computing and information systems, software/electrical/network engineering, mathematics, physics, other IT/security/network-related degrees.
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH),
- Cloud Security,
- Cyber Incident, Planning and Response (CIPR) and
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) awareness.
- Two years IT security or information security experience
- Skills and Behavioral attributes
- Knowledge of security across various platforms.
- Fundamental computer forensic skills
- Professionalism, Integrity, team spirit
- Good communication skills
- Objective and independent
- Problem-solving skills
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations
- Creative thinking to be able to come up with new ideas
- An ability to work under pressure
- Organizational and planning skills
- Report writing skills
How To Apply for UBOS Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the required profile, please see the job details on the UBOS Website and submit your application through the online application system available on the UBOS Website:
Deadline: 19th August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.