Job Title: 10 Statistical Assistants – UBOS Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Job Ref: UBOS/SA/10/2021
Reports to: Statistician
Salary Scale: UBOS SP6
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Profile:
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is an agency of Government responsible for maintenance, coordination, supervising and monitoring of the National Statistical System (NSS) to ensure the collection, analysis and dissemination of standardised statistical information. The Bureau is also mandated as the principal official statistics producing agency in the country.
Responsible for the production of regular statistical indicators in the fields of economic and social statistics in line with the Uganda Bureau of Statistics mandate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collect statistical data and information from various statistical units and respondents throughout the country;
- Undertake data entry of the data collected;
- Conduct preliminary checks and edits to the collected statistical data and information while in the field and at head office;
- Participate in training activities of project staff;
- Produce timely activity report from the field.
- Diploma in Statistics, Finance, Accounting, ICT, Business Administration, and Public Administration;
- Should have passed Mathematics and English at O’ Level;
- A principal pass in Mathematics at A-level will be an added advantage;
- At least three years of experience in Surveys and/or Statistical Data Collection from a Government institution;
- Good computer skills in Ms Excel and Ms Word.
- A Bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage;
Experience and Other Essential Attributes
- Ability to work effectively with other employees;
- Ability to maintain accurate and confidential records;
- Excellent communication skills/ Effective presentation skills;
- Knowledgeable in computer applications;
- Should be self-driven, motivated and ready to work for long hours;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
How To Apply for UBOS Jobs 2021
All candidates are encouraged to submit their online applications at the link below. All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Please note that staff with ongoing contracts with UBOS up to and including October 2021 are NOT eligible to apply.
Deadline: 28th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.