Job Title: Accountant – UBC Jobs 2022
Organization: Uganda Broadcasting Corporation (UBC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Broadcasting Corporation (UBC) Profile
The Uganda Broadcasting Corporation (UBC) was established under the Uganda Broadcasting Corporation Act of 2005 to provide for a successor corporate body to Radio Uganda and Uganda Television. It is mandated to provide national radio and television services. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Compiling and analyzing UBC Management and Statutory financial reports on a timely basis.
- Assisting the Management Accountant – SA Finance where appropriate to actively participate in the formulation and implementation of financial management policies and procedures to ensure adequate controls.
- Monitoring primary implementation of UBC internal controls to ensure adequate risk management.
- Dealing with the tax authorities and other regulatory bodies on matters of statutory compliance including advice to management of tax related issues.
- Responding to all audit queries.
- Annually reviewing the accounting system in use.
- Preparing cash flow forecasts relating to work plans.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly activity and accountability reports.
- Monitoring and reporting on budgetary performance.
- Carry out bank reconciliation for the Corporations Major Accounts
- Performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- Checking and updating data entry into Accounting System
- The ideal applicant must hold Degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or any other related field from a recognized institution. At least level II of CPA or ACCA.
- At least two years’ experience in accounting field is an added advantage.
- Must have good knowledge of computerized Accounting Systems.
- Excellent report writing capability.
How To Apply for UBC Jobs 2022
If you meet the requirements, please forward your application letter accompanied by a detailed C.V, photocopy of Certified Testimonials addressed to the:
Uganda Broadcasting Corporation,
Plot 17-19 Nile Avenue
P.O. Box 2038, Kampala. Uganda
- Applications should be delivered to the Recruitment Secretariat at UBC Administration block
- All Applicants should clearly indicate the post applied for on the envelope.
Deadline: 1st April 2022 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.