Job Title: 2 Programs Officer/ Radio – UBC Jobs 2022
Organization: Uganda Broadcasting Corporation (UBC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Broadcasting Corporation (UBC) Profile
The Uganda Broadcasting Corporation (UBC) was established under the Uganda Broadcasting Corporation Act of 2005 to provide for a successor corporate body to Radio Uganda and Uganda Television. It is mandated to provide national radio and television services. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field with proven experience in broadcasting.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in any of the above field is an added advantage.
- At least two years’ experience in a fast moving radio broadcasting industry.
How To Apply for UBC Jobs 2022
If you meet the requirements, please forward your application letter accompanied by a detailed C.V, photocopy of Certified Testimonials addressed to the:
Uganda Broadcasting Corporation,
Plot 17-19 Nile Avenue
P.O. Box 2038, Kampala. Uganda
- Applications should be delivered to the Recruitment Secretariat at UBC Administration block
- All Applicants should clearly indicate the post applied for on the envelope.
Deadline: 1st April 2022 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.