Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Officer – UAHEB Jobs 2022
Organisation: Uganda Allied Health Examinations Board (UAHEB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Examinations Officer/Senior IT Officer
Uganda Allied Health Examinations Board (UAHEB) Profile:
The Uganda Allied Health Examinations Board (UAHEB) was established by the BTVET Act 2008 to streamline, regulate and coordinate examinations and awards in the Allied Health Profession in Uganda. It is composed of thirteen (13) members drawn from the constituencies involved in Health Training, Stake Holders and Professionals.
The Information Technology (IT) Officer will head the ICT Unit, support the development, usage and maintenance of ICT at the Secretariat.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish long term needs for the Information system to promote the increased proliferation and ambitious application of ICT within the Institution and advises management on the appropriate strategies.
- Providing technical support and guidance on all matters of procurement, utilization and maintenance
- ICT hardware and software to the Board.
- Establish and advise the Board on technical installation, priorities, standards, procedures, management and IT equipment and systems.
- Designing, implementing and administering specialized system for managing record;
- Integrating records management into Board systems and processes;
- Identifies information requiring capture, classifies, stores and retrieves it;
- Participate In the development of a records storage plan, which includes the short and long-term housing of physical records and digital information;
- Analyzing and interpreting statistical data in order to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
- Maintaining confidentiality, security and reliability of the information system.
- The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or Statistics majoring in computing from a recognized Institution.
- No work experience in the field is required but may count as an added advantage.
- Age: Below 45 years
- Information Communication Technology
- Management of organizational environment
- Planning, organizing and coordinating
- Good understanding of international protocols and conventions
- Teamwork leadership and networking
- Concern for quality and standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Time management
- Proven ability in record management
How To Apply for UAHEB Jobs 2022
All candidates should send their applications addressed to: The Executive Secretary, Uganda Allied Health Examinations Board (UAHEB), P.O. Box 22733 Kampala and hand-delivered to the UAHEB Offices at Plot 920 East African Road Kisosonkole Zone Upper Estate parish Kyambogo, Uganda
UAHEB respects equal opportunities and would like to encourage women to apply.
Strictly observe the following:
- Applications must bear the title of the post applied for as well as the reference number.
- PHOTOSTAT copies of academic certificates and transcripts fully certified by the awarding institution must be attached to the applications.
- A current Annual practicing license (2021/2022) for the Examination Officer positions.
- A valid driving permit for the position of a Driver.
- Photocopy of your National ID.
- Day time telephone contact numbers/E-mail address should be clearly indicated
Deadline: 4th August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.