Job Title: Insurance Operations Associate – Turaco Uganda Jobs 2022
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Turaco is a fast-growing financial services start-up in East Africa that is bringing a new model to health and risk financing for emerging customers. Turaco is a subscription-based insurance for the mass market bundled with regular transactions that people are already doing. Turaco works through business partnerships to offer affordable insurance products that add real value to people’s lives. At Turaco we value simplicity, communication and transparency and strive to transform the way insurance works. When it comes to claims, our goal is to pay out, and fast. Since launching in Feb 2019, Turaco has acquired 20,000+ end users. Over the next 24 months, that will grow to 500,000+ end users. We are growing very fast, and we need leaders who can grow with us.
The Insurance Operations Associate reports to the Insurance Operations Manager. This role is the starting point for a career in Insurance Operations at Turaco. The ideal candidate would have an interest in Insurance and the operations behind creating an insurance policy and administering claims.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Data entry; Feeding our internal Insurance management system (TACO) with data from new customers and updating existing customers.
- Capture policy details on TACO and ensure accuracy of information.
- Capture all details of billed and collected premiums, commissions, and fees (where applicable) to the relevant systems
- Record keeping of all insurance policies, including updating the insurance policy tracker.
- Provide timely response to claims reported by clients within defined turnaround times to ensure a high level of operational delivery quality.
- Enter accurate, information on all claims in the claims management database as well as all related soft and hard copy documentation.
- Call customers to verify claims raised and check for authenticity.
- Prepare claims reports for clients and insurers per agreed timelines.
- Live Turaco’s values – care and protect, do the right thing, and have fun!
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree and/OR insurance professional papers with excellent grades
- 6 months to 1-year experience in any kind of data entry work.
- Proficiency in using MS Office tools and Google Suite/Workspace tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to roll up one’s sleeves and dig into details to solve problems
- Detailed oriented and data-driven
- Humble, collaborative team player
- Ability to demonstrate empathy toward affected clients because we handle sensitive situations.
How To Apply for Turaco Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.