Job Title: Fresher IT Support Officer – Tugende Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Tugende Uganda
Duty Station: Headquarters
Tugende Uganda Profile
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise providing asset and SME finance, leasing, insurance, and financial literacy to new customers, and consumer finance to qualified existing customers. It was formally established in 2012 in Uganda and is a technology-enabled asset financier of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs, using a lease-to-own product to offer an affordable path to ownership of these assets. Tugende empowers customers unable to access formal credit and has financed over 40,000 customers.
We are looking for a competent and motivated IT Support Officer that can work with little direction to provide IT solutions to the IT challenges or Issues raised by the respective staff.
Tugende’s mission is: “Helping people help themselves”. The Tugende IT Support Officer‘s main duties will be the provision of the following technical roles:
- Technical support and also serves as the main point of contact for Tugende employees who are experiencing systems and computer issues.
- Monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks at Tugende.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and application tickets, either over the phone, online, or in person.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The job holder will perform the following duties:
- Attend to all logged user issues and provide effective end-user support as required.
- Take ownership of any IT issues raised, carry out investigations and resolve issues with minimal disruption to the business.
- Coordinate and oversee external IT support providers, escalate any technical issues as required and review the effectiveness of service.
- Effectively engage and communicate with staff to understand how they are using IT systems, understand their problems and discuss solutions in a non-technical language.
- Help to develop internal guidance notes, training materials, and other procedural documents to help staff better understand and use our IT systems.
- Follow through maintenance procedures for IT infrastructure and manage various IT admin systems like helpdesk ticketing, remote access, monitored antivirus, ISP, backup, etc.
- Keep all network and system documentation up to date.
- Identify any IT security risks, evaluate mitigation options and carry out suitable measures to increase network and data security.
- Provide guidance and support to regional offices to improve their IT support capacity
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of project management techniques
- Knowledge of helpdesk solutions, ticketing systems, and IT Administration Software
- Knowledge of basic Phone Etiquette
- Knowledge of Virtual Communications Systems and remote support solutions
- Knowledge of Virus Protection Software
- Knowledge of Cyber Securing and Diagnostics
- Knowledge of Human-Centered Design.
- Knowledge of Application Installations
- Ability to learn new business concepts and new technologies in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate high standards of interpersonal skills to work in teams
- Experience working with a credit-related business will be an added advantage
- Not afraid of learning new, the market demanded (and valued) technologies and products
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and integrity
- The ability to think logically.
- A good memory of how software and operating systems work.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Problem-solving skills.
- A strong customer focus.
- The ability to prioritize your workload.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with Helpdesk support and ticketing systems
- Basic understanding of CRM and ERP systems
- Installing Systems ie computer operating systems, antivirus, etc
- Comprehending Technical Documents to be able to identify and assist staff that has issues.
- Analyzing call logs and support requests so you can spot common trends and underlying problems
- Basic understanding of project management and project management tools
- Working with remove or Virtual Communications Systems to offer support using Teamviewer, Anydesk, etc
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 1-2 years experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- Understanding of IT principles and ability to communicate technical concepts effectively.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations.
- A strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required.
- Adopt and champion the values that Tugende stands for.
- Help desk experience is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is an added advantage
How To Apply for Tugende Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their application through the link below.
Deadline: 30th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.