Job Title: Associate (Corporate Finance) – Tugende Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Tugende Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda or Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Head of Corporate and Strategic Finance
Tugende Uganda Profile
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise providing asset and SME finance, leasing, insurance, and financial literacy to new customers, and consumer finance to qualified existing customers. It was formally established in 2012 in Uganda and is a technology-enabled asset financier of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs, using a lease-to-own product to offer an affordable path to ownership of these assets. Tugende empowers customers unable to access formal credit and has financed over 40,000 customers.
Tugende’s ongoing rapid growth requires intensive capital raising as well as a strong finance department to support financial reporting, internal analysis, and investor relations. Tugende is currently increasing its capabilities by building a Corporate Finance team to undertake financial analysis and research, lead fundraising, and help provide sound portfolio management. The candidate will support the Head of the department to drive strategic and tactical decision-making processes at Tugende, supported by data, information, and reports.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key Functions: The key functions for this Associate-level position will mainly include;
- Generating and managing regular financial and social impact reports for existing and potential investors.
- Analysis of financial, credit and social impact data to support Tugende’s strategic decision-making.
- Presenting a consistent investor value proposition to Tugende’s investment community.
- Research and analysis of relevant market trends and financial conditions.
- Managing, monitoring, and presenting a relevant summary of investor feedback regarding Tugende’s performance to the Senior Management Team.
Key Tasks: The Tugende Corporate Finance Associate will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Support the head of the department in monitoring and evaluating the organization’s short and long-term sources of funds;
- Assess and monitor project funding requirements/forecasts in line with Tugende’s strategic plans;
- Prepare prospectuses for fundraising (capital and debt);
- Prepare for investor due diligence reviews;
- Coordinate between all parties to ensure adherence to timely fundraising processes.
- Monitoring of markets and macro-financial environment;
- Support the development of Tugende’s long term financial planning strategies, modelling, and monitoring;
- Execution of strategy to deliver returns to equity investors.
- Undertake financial modelling and analysis relating to financing and investing activities;
- Provide investment tactics and recommendations;
- Forecast Tugende adherence to lender covenants;
- Support other departments (operations, special projects) with analysis, research, and the information requested for their projects, reports, and presentations;
- Create communication materials for presentations to the board and investors.
- Manage investor targeting and tracking systems;
- Produce reports for existing and future lenders, equity investors, and board;
- Assist in preparations for all the roadshows and investor conferences both domestically and internationally;
- Coordinate onsite and offsite due diligence with investors, including information requests and logistics;
- Provide regular feedback to management and other stakeholders on news relevant to Tugende, their concerns, and investment criteria.
- Work closely with the financial operations and accounting team to share knowledge and build skills across finance functions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Tugende job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, or other relevant fields.
- At least two (2) years experience in the investment banking or corporate finance environment.
- Strong financial modelling background and the ability to balance analytical modelling and problem solving with conceptual design, communication and presentation.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- An excellent communicator, passionate educator, and strong financial analysis.
- Prior financial forecasting and reporting experience.
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Financial modelling experience and understanding of financial statements.
Personal Attributes and Abilities:
- Highly organized and process-driven
- Ability to communicate and engage externally to represent Tugende and generate investor interest.
- Ability to partner closely with internal and external stakeholders, providing a dependable presence to move forward complex projects and ideas.
How To Apply for Tugende Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Click here to apply
Deadline: 18th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.