Job Title: Grants and Compliance Officer – TPO Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: TPO Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Grants and Compliance Manager
TPO Uganda Profile:
Since 1994, we have supported and partnered with civil society organizations and government to empower
communities with the skills and tools they need to effectively address their problems. When we are gone, our goal is to leave behind communities capable of resolving their own problems. Our vision of a great world… A society where communities enjoy mental health and socio-economic well being.
Roles and Responsibilities
Grants Management and Compliance
- Ensure grants/contracts/agreements are well administered and that program and support teams are fully informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and TPO Uganda procedures to support on-track, on-time, and on-budget implementation
- Oversee a comprehensive information management and filing system, ensuring donor contractual documents, reports, and key correspondences are consistently and frequently filed
- Maintain a broad and deep understanding of relevant donor policies, regulations, and procedures as well as TPO Uganda policies and internal controls.
- Support program staff in grant revisions, modifications, no-cost extensions, or budget realignments
- Liaise with project staff about specific compliance issues, clearly communicating issues to relevant colleagues
- Support in project closeout processes
- Manage all external reporting to ensure timely delivery of high-quality reports which meet donor and TPO Uganda requirements, coordinating closely with project coordinators
- Ensure quality information management related to reporting by overseeing the regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, and updating of internal TPO Uganda documentation and Grant Unit tools
- In concert with the finance team, assist program technical leads and operations staff with understanding the reporting and other compliance requirements on their grants.
- Keep track and support documentation of projects with cost share
- Support training to program staff related to TPO and donor regulations
- Support training to IP staff related to TPO and donor regulations
Sub grants management
- Keeping an updated tracker for the sub-award data base ensuring that all sub-award payables and liquidations are monitored, and reports shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring that sub grant agreement files are submitted for approval (e.g., new MOU to be signed, an amendment to be signed, etc.) are complete (including all documents required as per policy)
- Maintain a sub grants tracker (Sub-grants dashboard) for funds disbursed and liquidations received & ensure an aging analysis of the remaining funds is prepared monthly and follow up discussions with the relevant staff
- Having regular monitoring visits to the IPs to ensure that there’s value for money and that the reported expenditure is verifiable
- Support in IP closeout processes
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Level 2 of ACCA, CPA or related is added advantage.
- Proven experience working of at least 5 years’ experience working in humanitarian and development programming with knowledge of project cycle manageme
- Experience supporting large donor funded project is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant–worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits and other documentation presented in a proposal
How To Apply for TPO Uganda Jobs 2022
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work-related referees and a table showing your past 3-year salary history to:
Human Resources Manager,
TPO Uganda, P.O Box 21646
Email: [email protected] or hand deliver is most preferable to Plot 652, Block 257, Wamala Close, Munyonyo
TPO Uganda is committed to ensure safeguarding of children and adults from harm and is an equal opportunities employer that does not discriminate on any basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, thus, if you do not hear from us by March 25th,2022, you are not considered.
Deadline: 18th March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug