Job Title: Accountants Assistant – THETA-Uganda Jobs 2022
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Accountant
THETA-Uganda is a not-for-profit Ugandan Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and company limited by guarantee. The Organization was founded as a research project in 1992 and registered as an NGO in 1995. THETA’s core mandate is to improve health and access to health care through promotion of collaboration between the traditional and biomedical health care systems.
To receive, receipt, pay out and secure safe custody of the cash/cheques made to the Programme in line with the THETA Financial guidelines
Roles and Responsibilities
- Receive, verify, receipt and bank, on a daily basis, all cash and cheque payments made to the Programme in line with set policies and procedures.
- Maintain an accurate daily record of all receipts and payments made to the Programme in line with set policies and procedures
- Safely lock up cash and cheques in the safe pending banking or paying out line with the THETA Financial Procedures
- Conduct Mobile Money transactions, including receipting and payments, in strict adherence to financial regulations pertaining to such payments
- Prepare payment vouchers, obtain authorization and settle all approved payments promptly in line with the THETA Financial Procedures
- Maintain systematic filling of the vouchers and other finical documents in line with the departmental regulations
- Prepare accurate bank reconciliations on a monthly basis in line with set policies and procedures.
- Prepare, file and submit within the approved timelines payment of monthly statutory deductions (NSSF, WHT and PAYE) in line with departmental guidelines
- Maintain inventory items in your custody in line with the Asset Management guidelines
- Diploma in Accounting, preferably UDBS or ATC, Part 1 of ACCA or CPA.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply certification (CIPS Level 4) or another equivalent is desirable.
Minimum Experience and Exposure
- Evidenced management of cash and cheques receipts and payments
- Knowledge of cash-handling regulations
- 2 years’ experience in a fairly busy Cash office
- Filing skills
- Computer skills
- Good communication skills
Candidates From The West Nile Region And Surrounding Districts Are Encouraged To Apply
How To Apply for THETA-Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you have the relevant qualifications and experience, please send your detailed Application and CV demonstrating possession of the relevant competencies, current position, names and addresses of three referees via email to [email protected]; quoting the position of interest in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can also visit www.thetauganda.org.ug
Deadline: 11th March, 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug