Job Title: Finance Assistant – Tetra Tech Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Tetra Tech
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tetra Tech Profile:
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Awarded to MSI in November 2021, the purpose of the Strengthening Systems and Public Accountability (SSPA) Activity is to improve service delivery through strengthened accountability, deepened public participation and oversight, and reduced corruption within Uganda’s public service sectors. This will be achieved by improving leadership and accountability for results, strengthening the standards, reward and sanctions systems for public officials, challenging the norms, attitudes and behaviors that fuel corruption, and support citizen engagement to demand better services. The three main objectives of the Activity are: i) Increased citizen voice, coalition building, and engagement with government to reduce corruption; ii) Key systems and standards enhanced in anti-corruption and accountability institutions at the national and sub-national level to combat corruption; and iii) Strengthened accountability processes within specific service delivery sectors, in particular natural resource governance in refugee districts and wildlife crime related corruption. The USAID and the UK Aid partner to jointly fund SSPA.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for assisting with human resources and financial management tasks, including recruitment and onboarding, reporting, bookkeeping, payments, projections, payroll, and petty cash management. This position will directly report to SSPA’s Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) and closely collaborate with the Accountant.
Roles and responsibilities
- Support SSPA’s Accountant with all project finances, including financial systems and procedures, tax and financial reporting, projections, payroll, etc.
- Backstop SSPA’s Accountant in managing project accounts in the QuickBooks accounting platform and coordinate financial management activities with the home office in an accurate, timely, and reliable manner.
- Provide contracts and administrative assistance to SSPA’s Human Resources Manager and Accountant on day-to-day project management.
- Ensure financial management and reporting is in accordance with MSI, USG and Government of Uganda policies and procedures.
- Assist with preparation of VAT reports for the submission to the local tax administration, as well as prepare VAT reports for USAID, as needed.
- Produce and review accounting and financial reports requested by DFA.
- Work with the Grants Managers to ensure grantees receive the administrative assistance they require in a timely manner in close collaboration with DFA and Accountant.
- Maintain electronic and physical files of all payments made to local vendors and grantees organized and up to date.
- Support other financial and human resources functions, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or financial management required, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible and directly relevant experience as an accountant and bookkeeper.
- Familiarity with procurement, grants management and project finance management, including financial controls, accounting, auditing, as well as reporting on accruals, pipelines and expenses, etc., strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under deadline pressure and an ability to focus on details.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Ability to work well within a team, and to complete multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Travel will only be approved based on security considerations, including COVID-19 contexts.
- Strong written and spoken English required.
How To Apply for Tetra Tech Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.