Job Title: Fresher Data Analyst – TechnoServe Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: TechnoServe Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Coffee Program Manager
Program Duration: 7 months
TechnoServe Uganda Profile
TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. By linking people to information, capital, and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities. Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for the quality, integrity and security of the database and entering all data gathered related to the monitoring and evaluation of the Project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating program performance in accordance with the logical framework and reporting requirements
- Manage timely data collection, processing and analyse information from M&E systems for use throughout the project lifecycle
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E activities including training on quality data collection processes
- Ensure quality control and identify areas where adaptation might be needed
- Ensure timely completion of major M&E deliverables, regular periodic analysis of data to identify and communicate lessons-learned and regular periodic presentation of data and analyses to country and regional management
- Work with country and regional management to integrate M&E data into program planning and decision making processes
- Work with country project team members to collect and analyse data on a regular basis
- Review, monitor and analyse reports for impact evaluation purposes
- Contribute to troubleshooting and addressing potential bottlenecks in program implementation
- Support in the production of program narrative reports
- Contribute to assessment of the quality and effectiveness of technical training packages
- Proactively seek out data (mainly from field teams) and manage data entry and aggregation for analysis
- Follow up with field staff to verify data received on a monthly basis
- Arrange, file and store hard copies of all data in an orderly manner
- Ensure the accuracy of all data entered by doing back checks on monthly training datasets
- Clean and synthesize attendance and survey data
- Manage data entry of farmer attendance database
- Provide any translation service if required and support on agronomy material production
- Review that all M&E data is complete and presented in the correct formats for analysis
- Any other duties assigned by the Program Manager
Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Technoserve Data Analyst job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or related technology fields is required.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in managing data for reputable organizations, preferably INGO or development agencies OR Master’s Degree + 1 years’ experience
- Experience in training and supervising data collectors is an added advantage
Core Competencies include:
- Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
- Team Work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
- Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
- Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
- Decision making/Problem Solving: Is able to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
- Results Oriented/ High Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Planning & Time Management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
- Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
Job Specific/Technical Competencies include:
- Computer Literacy: Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use specific computer programs or applications for own functional area. Has the ability to improve performance by integrating new and existing technology into the workplace.
- Computer Advanced
- Attention to Detail Advanced
- Analytical Advanced
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
How To Apply for TechnoServe Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should apply online at the link below. Please Identify the location for which you are applying in your cover letter.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.