Job Title: DREAMS Data Entry Clerk – TASO Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: The AIDS Support Organisation (TASO)
Duty Station: LPHS Ankole Mbarara Sub-Counties, Uganda
Reports to: DREAMS Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Title REF: TS/HR/ PMGT/21
The Aids Support Organisation (TASO) Profile:
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), is an Organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO is implementing various projects funded by the Global Fund, President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the Government of Uganda accelerate epidemic control and the attainment of the UNAIDS 95 95 95 goals.
The DREAMS Data Entry Clerk will ensure timely and correct entry of all DREAMS data into UDTS databases. The DREAMS Data Entry Clerk will carry out other duties relating to updating and validating DREAMS registers, provide support to peers on data entry using tablets, hard copy data archiving, alert teams on report submission guidelines and completeness and work closely with the M&E Specialist to ensure effective and efficient data entry into electronic data management systems.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Verify completeness and accuracy of DREAMS data forms brought for entry
- Carry out prompt and accurate data entry of all project data for DREAMS from static and outreach sites into the Uganda DREAMS tracking system
- Support the DREAMS peers in the use of tablets to enter data
- Conduct data cleaning on data entered by peers using tablets to ensure that quality data is produced.
- Routinely update DREAMS registers
- Run routine reports as may be required by the project team
- In close liaison with the DREAMS M&E Officer, routinely backup data entered into the electronic data bases.
- Support completeness of DREAMS reporting by identifying gaps and addressing facility-based reporting challenges as they occur.
- Ensure functionality of electronic data management systems (UDTS) & Tablets
- Perform data quality assessment before entry into the system
- Maintain data entry requirements and standards by following data program SOPs.
- Ensure proper filing and storage of office data both manually and electronically
- Report database malfunctioning to the DREAM M&E Officer.
- Participate in the retrieval of information from the system as and when required.
- Perform all hard copy data filling and storage.
- Ensure confidentiality of the DREAMs data at all times.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Project data entered into the UDTS electronic database
- Routine data cleaning carried out
- Routinely support peers with tablets
- Completeness and accuracy of data verified
- Quality assurance in data management ensured
- Proper filing and storage of office data maintained
- Confidentiality of project information ensured
- The applicant for the DREAMS Data Entry Clerk job should hold a Diploma in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Population Studies or social sciences, Business Computing, Business Statistics OR Information Technology.
- Training in M&E or in Uganda DREAMS Tracking System.
- Prior experience in entering DREAMS data
- One year of experience in HIBRID and HMIS data entry. Experience in a health setting with knowledge of managing PMTCT, HIV Care & Treatment and HCT data is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of statistical applications will be an added advantage
- Ethical issues in data management
- DREAMS core packages and segments
- DREAMS Data Management
- Computer knowledge in database management, spreadsheet, email, etc
- Skills in report writing
- Familiar with public health facilities and willing in serve in such settings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good communication skills
- Good records management skills
- Other Qualities/Attributes: Accuracy, Integrity, Confidentiality, Team player and Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy.
How To Apply for TASO Uganda Jobs 2022
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of who should be the present employer / immediate supervisor or last employer if unemployed, or any other if it is the first employment being applied for. None of the referees should be a relative, friend or business associate. All referees’ designations should be stated and contact details included i.e. physical address, telephone/ mobile numbers and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents as one document (labeled with candidate’s full names) and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials to:
Also note that only applications received online shall be considered.
While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda One (01) month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Closing Date: 21st July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.