Job Title: Data Officer – TASO Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: The Aids Support Organisation (TASO)
Duty Station: Gulu Uganda
Reports to: Clinical Care Coordinator (GRRH)
The Aids Support Organisation (TASO) Profile:
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), was founded to contribute to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO was given a 5-year Transition Award by USAID (Cooperative Agreement: #72061720CA00014) effective August 12, 2020 ending August 11, 2025, to implement the USAID Local Partner Health Services-Ankole Project (USAID LPS-Ankole) in the 12 districts of Ankole sub-region, South Western Uganda.
About USAID Project:
USAID expanded the TASO-Ankole implementing mechanism to the 8 districts in Acholi sub-region effective October 1, 2021, starting with Pader district effective July 1, 2021. The Ankole and Acholi sub-regions of South Western and Northern Uganda, respectively consist of 20 USAID-supported districts including: – Buhweju, Bushenyi, Ibanda, Isingiro, Kazo, Kiruhura, Mbarara, Mitooma, Ntungamo, Rubirizi, Rwampara and Sheema in Ankole Sub-Region; Agago, Amuru, Gulu, Kitgum, Lamwo, Nwoya, Omoro and Pader in Acholi sub-region; as well as their Cities and Municipalities.
The project’s overarching goal is to support the achievement of the Government of Uganda and PEPFAR goals of reaching and maintaining HIV epidemic control by 2020 and ending AIDS by 2030. The project is expected to support continued implementation of a district-based integrated package of quality HIV/AIDS and TB services in the public health sector to contribute towards attainment and sustenance of epidemic control; provide comprehensive technical support through training, coaching and mentorship to targeted public health facilities to enhance the delivery of quality HIV and TB services at facility and community level and position them to sustain epidemic control. In pursuit of such intentions, TASO requires the services of dedicated, competent, innovative and result-oriented individuals for employment on a contract basis for the posts below;
The overall objective of the Data Officer is to ensure an effective data management system in the ART clinic and all departments/service areas supported by the Project including but not limited to design/provision of data collection tools, validation of collected data, entry of data in the respective data bases and maintain an updated secure filling records system for easy access, generation of periodic reports and ensure data utilization.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure availability of HMIS tools such as registers, forms, reporting templates, documentation and reporting SOPs at all departments and service points.
- Ensuring completeness, consistency and accuracy of data captured in the HMIS
- Preparing and sorting patients files and registers
- Identify and timely enter data in the electronic medical records systems including UgandaEMR, TB electronic case-based surveillance system, Prevention tracker and UDOTs.
- Keeping track of received patients’ files and registers that are used for data record and entry.
- Creating data cleaning queries to validate and free data from any anomalies according to data analysis procedures
- Maintaining confidentiality of data entered.
- Timely compilation of the routine HMIS reports.
- Compiling and submission of project reports into the PEPFAR In-country Reporting system, HIBRID, DHIS2 among others.
- Ensure safe custody of IT equipment used for data management & communication including Computers, Modems/Mifis, backup devices.
- Providing technical support to all hospital units to ensure quality in HMIS data collected
- Responding to all other HMIS data requests from partners and hospital management as and when necessary.
- Ensure regular performance review meetings are conducted and hospital data visualization tools such as dashboards, charts, tables & graphs are up to date.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- The applicant must hold a Degree in IT, IS, Statistics, Economics, QE or any data management related field
- A minimum of two years’ experience in data management and analysis
- Extensive experience performing compilation and entry of health-related data into Open MRS and DHIS2 databases.
- Good knowledge of relevant HMIS, indicators and reporting systems especially for HIV & TB service delivery.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Ms Access, Ms Excel, STATA, SPSS, EPiDATA.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer data input equipment and error resolution in data entry.
- HMIS & PEPFAR MER guidelines.
- Experience with Uganda EMR is required.
- Experience in HIV Prevention tracker.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Computer knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of Health Information Management System
- Computer knowledge in database management, spreadsheet, email, etc.
- Data Analysis & presentation skills.
- Skills in report writing
- Familiar with public health facilities and willing in serve in such settings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good communication skills
- Good records management skills
- Other Qualities/Attributes: Courtesy, Patience, Accuracy, Integrity, Confidentiality, Team player and Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy, Respect and Integrity.
How To Apply for TASO Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their resumes, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of who should be the present employer / immediate supervisor or last employer if unemployed, or any other if it is the first employment being applied for. None of the referees should be a relative, friend or business associate. All referees’ designations should be stated and contact details included i.e. physical address, telephone/ mobile numbers and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST scan and save all the relevant documents as one document (labeled with candidate’s full names) and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials to:
NB: Also note that only applications received online shall be considered. While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda One (01) month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 20th January 2022 by 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.