Job Title: Finance Manager – TASO Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: The AIDS Support Organisation (TASO)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Job Title REF: TS/HR/OPFN/Ol
The Aids Support Organisation (TASO) Profile:
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), is an Organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO is implementing various projects funded by the Global Fund, President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the Government of Uganda accelerate epidemic control and the attainment of the UNAIDS 95 95 95 goals.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for ensuring that fiduciary risks are always at a minimum. S/he will be responsible for the overall financial management oversight of the Grants Management Unit and will ensure timely completion of financial reporting obligations as stated in the grants agreement. The Finance Manager will also oversee administrative matters relating to the Grants Management Unit. S/he will ensure that the Project’s financial resources are adequate, well managed and properly utilized and accounted for during the implementation of the planned activities according to the set procedures and guidelines of the project.
- Financial and Accounting procedures in place
- Periodic work plans and budgets in place as required
- Financial returns consolidated
- Consolidated Cash Flow projections in place
- Accountability statements produced
- Financial management system maintained
- Capacity of SRs built to enable them manage the funds disbursed to them
- Project representation at the relevant meetings.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the financial management requirements and arrangements for the PR & sub¬recipients and the Service Delivery Points including data collection, accurate recording, and reporting of all financial transactions, review and analysis of reports, development of budgets, tracking of budgets, and reporting.
- Review and verify all financial reports submitted by the Sub-recipients, makin that these are in accordance with the Grants Management Unit and Government of Uga and reporting procedures and internationally accepted best practices.
- Responsible for the receipt, disbursement, banking protection and c instruments.
- Monitor funds absorption rate based on the analysis of trimester financial reports of the PR. Prepare correspondence with respect to the above reports, including liaison with the Sub-recipients to collate the necessary documents and supporting information required to explain any variances.
- Provide capacity building for the staff both at Grants Management Unit and at Sub-recipient level on financial planning, and budgeting.
- Conduct financial on-site visits to ensure funds are spent in accordance with the approved work plans and budgets and that there is adequate supporting documentation maintained by the sub¬recipients and Service Delivery Points.
- Provide support to the internal and external auditors, review their recommendations and take remedial steps to address the issues.
- Oversight to the development, implementation and regular monitoring of an internal control program to monitor performance of financial processes according to standards and to highlight any deviation from the approved policies and procedures.
- Prepare accurate and comprehensive monthly and trimester financial reports, compare actual expenditures to budget, analyses variances, and provide supporting documentation.
- Provide guidelines on asset management, including maintaining an asset registry, tagging and safeguarding of assets, insurance of assets among others.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate development and maintenance of a sound financial management system for the Project.
- Contribute to the Project’s strategic planning process, co-ordinate the preparation of the budgets and also develop or adopt the appropriate budgetary performance report/retum format.
- Efficiently and effectively manage the Project’s financial resources in conformity with the financial and accounting policies and regulations
- Ensure timely compilation and submission of statutory financial returns and related management reports.
- Provide effective leadership to subordinates, and maintain good teamwork among them
- Identify and address weaknesses in the SRs financial management.
- The ideal applicant Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting or Business Administration with a Full professional qualifications such as ACC A and CPA.
- Experience and Exposure: Minimum of 5 years professional experience in Accounting/Finance and /or project financial management preferably in the health, social or finance sector. At least 2 years should be in grants management.
- Proven knowledge of donor financial accounting procedures
- Knowledge of Healthcare related work preferably HIV, Malaria or TB
- Excellent analytical, financial management and evaluation skills.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems such as Navision, QuickBooks, SAGE, TALLY etc and sufficient computer skills
- Good interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- A team leader and player with excellent planning and organization skills.
- Budgeting, reporting and auditing skills
- Excellent management and administrative skills
- Strong integrity, Honesty and Confidentiality
- Ability to provide guidance to the finance team
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work on short deadlines and multi-task
How To Apply for TASO Uganda Jobs 2022
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of who should be the present employer / immediate supervisor or last employer if unemployed, or any other if it is the first employment being applied for. None of the referees should be a relative, friend or business associate. All referees’ designations should be stated and contact details included i.e. physical address, telephone/ mobile numbers and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents as one document (labeled with candidate’s full names) and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials to:
Also note that only applications received online shall be considered.
While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda One (01) month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Closing Date: 27th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.