Job Title: 34 Data Clerk – TASO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: The Aids Support Organisation (TASO)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Data Assistant
REF: TS/HR/ PMGT/ 52
The Aids Support Organisation (TASO) Profile:
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) was founded to contribute to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
TASO was given a 5-year Transition Award by USAID (Cooperative Agreement: #72061720CA00014) effective August 12, 2020 ending August 11, 2025, to implement the USAID Local Partner Health Services-Ankole Project (USAID LPS-Ankole) in the 12 districts of Ankole sub-region, South Western Uganda. USAID expanded the TASO-Ankole implementing mechanism to the 8 districts in Acholi sub-region effective October 1, 2021, starting with Pader district effective July 1, 2021. The Ankole and Acholi sub-regions of South Western and Northern Uganda, respectively consist of 20 USAID-supported districts including: – Buhweju, Bushenyi, Ibanda, Isingiro, Kazo, Kiruhura, Mbarara, Mitooma, Ntungamo, Rubirizi, Rwampara and Sheema in Ankole Sub-Region; Agago, Amuru, Gulu, Kitgum, Lamwo, Nwoya, Omoro and Pader in Acholi sub-region; as well as their Cities and Municipalities.
The Data Clerk will improve data management systems at facility level. This will include data entry, filing, documentation, HMIS & PEPFAR reporting, HMIS tools stock status, and data/ performance will ensure that there’s improved HMIS & PEPFAR Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is functional.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure availability of HMIS tools at the facility through timely projection of required tools.
- Strengthen use and adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) provided by MOH in all data management processes.
- Manage all aspects of documentation at the facility particularly complete and timely documentation in the HMIS tools including register updates with no duplicates.
- Keep track of received patients’ files and registers that are used for data record and entry.
- Ensure timely data entry of patient data into the patient level databases including Uganda EMR, HTS and TB databases and perform regular database backup at the health facility.
- Ensure safety of data management equipment e.g. computers for EMR.
- Ensure confidentiality of data collected and stored is maintained at all times.
- Manage the timely submission of facility reports including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Support records persons, facility in-charge and other clinical staff to analyze and utilize their data to improve patient management and service delivery.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as may be needed from time to time.
- Manage weekly facility reporting.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Availability of HMIS tools at the facility ensured
- All aspects of documentation at the facility managed
- Received patients’ files and registers tracked
- Timely submission of facility reports managed
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Social Sciences, Procurement, Population Studies OR Information Technology. A bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage.
- One year of previous experience in data entry work in PEPFAR supported programs is a MUST
- MUST be able to speak and communicate in Luo
- Knowledge of statistical applications will be an added advantage
- Ethical issues in data management
- Rights of people living with HIV/AIDS
- OVC Management
- Compute knowledge in database management, spreadsheet, email etc. Skills in report writing
- Familiar with public health facilities and willing to serve in such settin Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Training in research methods and data collection
- Good records management skills
- Other Qualities/Attributes: Accuracy, Integrity, Confidentiality, Team player and Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy.
How To Apply for TASO Uganda Jobs 2021
All qualified and eligible candidates should submit their resumes, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees including their telephone and email contacts.
All interested candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Job application Form, Click Here, and hand deliver applications to: The Human Resources & Administration Officer TASO-USAID LPS Acholi Regional Project Located at TASO Gulu CoE
Online applications should be sent to: [email protected]
NB: While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda One (01) month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 19th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.