Job Title: Fresher STEAM Educators – STEM Cafe Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: STEM Cafe Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
STEM Cafe Uganda Profile
STEMCafe is a non-linear learning centre where kids and young adults through play, explore the amazing world of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), through fun interactive activities, experimentation with amazing creations and ideas that develops lifelong learning and interest in STEM.
The STEMCafe is the first step towards creating an interactive experience where kids channel their energy, excitement, curiosity and creativity through play and by extension, expanding Africa’s capacity and diversity of the STEM workforce pipeline to prepare the younger generation for the best jobs of the future that will see Africa become innovative, secure and competitive.
STEMCafe; the nonlinear science discovery maker space for kids aged 5-18 is looking to recruit STEAM Educators with a passion for science, technology and facilitation. The ideal candidate will:
- Be comfortable with facilitating authentic, project-based and experiential learning experiences, through play.
- Be passionate, enjoy and have experience working with kids.
- Be able to build and inspire a community of young thinkers, designers, and makers: the next generation of innovators, scientists and engineers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with kids and young adults on STEAM projects.
- Facilitate project-based STEAM activities with clear learning outcomes.
- Engage kids and young adults students in various STEAM exploration.
- Design fun related to classroom study and independent inquiry.
- Use visual guide and tools, make learning visible
- Further develop, build, and define new learning experience.
- Uphold a culture of respect and care for all members, lab and tools.
- Work as part of a team to keep the café organized and safe for kids at all times.
Skills and Qualities:
- Demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Committed to professional development and a growth mindset.
- Must be fun and able to connect with young people using various strategies.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Able to work independently, and under minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate ideas and plans clearly and effectively.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Confident, self-motivated, and able to work well in teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with lots of responsibility.
- B. Sc or equivalent with over 1 year verifiable experience working with kids.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of STEAM.
- Background in science is a plus.
- Knowledge of 3-D printing, project-based learning, robotics, laser cutters, and coding a plus.
How To Apply for STEM Cafe Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Click here to apply
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.