Job Title: Communications Officer – StartHub Africa Jobs 2022
Organization: StartHub Africa
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
StartHub Africa Profile:
StartHub Africa unlocks the potential of African changemakers to build innovative and scalable businesses across Africa. StartHub identifies and trains students through a scalable university startup program. We accelerate high-potential African startups and consult corporates and institutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with StartHub sub-teams to gather relevant information/content for PR and marketing.
- Create, edit and update promotional/marketing materials, publications and digital content (brochures, videos, posters/flyers, social media posts etc).
- Work with communication and marketing team members to conceptualize, design and implement communications strategies for projects and campaigns.
- Prepares and edits organizational materials, including presentations/workshops, blogs, newsletters and other publications for internal and external audiences.
- Prepare and distribute press releases.
- Responds to requests for information from the media.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with partners and funders
- Organize marketing and PR events, campaigns, interviews.
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising in cooperation with the sales team of StartHub.
- Build long-term relationships with influencers, media houses and key stakeholders.
- Track media coverage, backlinks refferals, website management and SEO and follow industry trends.
- Prepare and submit PR reports.
- Degree in journalism, communications, english, marketing, business or related field.
- Experience as a Communications or Public Relations Officer or similar or Internship
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, copywriting, proofreading and editing publications
- Proficient in MS Office and social media management
- Strong communication ability (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
- Experience in WordPress management & SEO is a big plus
- Visual design, photo and video-editing skills is a big plus (Adobe Suite)
How To Apply for StartHub Africa Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 23rd July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.