Job Title: No Experience Junior Associates – Standard Chartered Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Standard Chartered Foundation (Youth to Work Program)
Job Location: Kampala
Youth to Work Program Profile:
Youth to Work is the flagship employability programme under Futuremakers by Standard Chartered, the bank’s global initiative to tackle inequality and promote greater economic inclusion for young people in local communities. The Standard Chartered Foundation (SCF) is the lead partner in delivering the global Futuremakers initiative. In Uganda, the SCF is working with Challenges Worldwide to develop Youth to Work as a programme to give youth work placements with Small and Growing Businesses (SGBs) where they will serve as Junior Associates and provide consultancy services in Business Management.
The strategic objective of the Youth to Work programme is to position and equip young people with skills and opportunities to create economic and employment impact across the economy. In this sense, the young people can be active implementers of change, rather than standalone programme beneficiaries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct an assessment of the enterprise’s strengths and areas for development
- Develop an action plan to help the enterprise to improve and prepare for investment and growth
- Work closely with the leadership team to deliver the action plan
- Deliver network strengthening activities which improve the SGBs partnerships, communication and opportunities
- Deliver key employment readiness workshops to university students across Kampala
Support provided by Challenges
- A comprehensive 2-week training program in professional consulting and business improvement skills
- Access to best-practice resources to guide you on placement
- Ongoing training, mentoring and support from Challenges during your enterprise placement
- Unprecedented opportunity to gain valuable insight into all areas of a enterprise and work alongside their senior management team to develop an action plan
- An opportunity to develop your current skill set to improving your employability
- The opportunity to complete an internationally-recognised Chartered Management Institute qualification Level 5 professional qualification to accredit your new skills after successful completion of the program,.
- A monthly stipend to cover expenses related to your placement.
- The applicants must be between 21 to 30 years of age or 21 to 35 for persons with disabilities
- Have an understanding of business and finance for business, demonstrated through previous work experience and/or hold a relevant university degree
- Relevant work experience including previous internship, voluntary work etc.
- Good communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Interest in small business development, enterprises and entrepreneurship
- Ability to travel to training and placement
- Ability to commit to the placement full-time and 2 weeks pre-placement training
- Must be fluent in both verbal and written English
How To Apply for Standard Chartered Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should apply in one of 2 ways:
By completing the online form, Click Here
Download the offline form, Click Here, complete the offline form and return it to [email protected]
Please ensure that before filling this form, you have thoroughly read the application information. Answer all questions sincerely and to the best of your knowledge, incomplete forms will not be considered. For both, please attach your CV (maximum 2 pages) and any relevant academic documents to this application when submitting.
Deadline: 19th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.