Job Title: Manager (Formal Markets) – Stanbic Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited Profile:
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
To manage existing relationships effectively to facilitate the growth of the formal sector and to deploy value propositions for the formal targeted clients The role holder will be responsible to develop a comprehensive customer offering, ensure that clients and different teams fully appreciate the offering and perform additional portfolio management activities to ensure agreed hurdle rates are maintained.
Reporting to the Head Main Markets and working with the Segment Heads, Sector Heads, credit, Regional Managers and Regional Sales & Service Managers to ensure that the Self-Employed and Formal sector portfolio is clean as well as grow the balance sheet.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Customer Value Proposition
- Develop and deploy value propositions for the Formal targeted clients; i.e EVB, Self employed professionals
- Implement the growth plans for the informal markets to the bank
- Develop a sustainable client value proposition for individual/ small scale traders/ un incorporated businesses
- Working with different teams, periodically review the offerings for different client groups
- Monitor on day to day basis delinquent customers (1-29 days) and work with branches and companies to establish why they are delinquent.
- Track First Installment Defaults (FIDs) and work through channels and Relationship teams to ensure resolution.
- Ensure payments come through and advise the credit team where there are delays as per the expected payment dates
- Work with credit to align installment due dates that are not aligned to payment dates.
- Ensure payment diversions, death cases are followed up and resolved or escalated to the credit team.
- Ensure readiness for the monthly watch list meetings and any reports are submitted to credit in time
- Ensure all loans are properly tracked under right codes and address the ungrouped/wrongly grouped loans for proper tracking
- Advise business on sub sectors which exhibit high risk policies and practices hence control and manage risk
- Work with different teams to ensure in active accounts are activated timely and root cause analysis is properly done to ensure non re occurrence
- Support sales staff to acquire profitable and quality business from the key ecosystems in the portfolio.
- Support channels in selling and cross selling all the relevant bank products (assets, liabilities, payroll etc) in the allocated companies.
- Fully exploit the existing customer relationships to create new profitable business opportunities.
- Work closely with Business Banking and CIB RMs and Sector Heads in building relationships with some of the key companies in the portfolio.
- Work with branch managers to organize different sales activities/activations in different sectors/ ecosystems for the sales staff to gain access to the target companies.
- Support some applications that may require exceptional approval for some reason like suspended schemes.
- Identify opportunities and empanel them as per the approved company empanelment process to drive penetration.
- Work with products team in the development and execution of initiatives for the acquisition, retention and growth of target customer bases for liabilities and assets.
- Visit some of the key Value chains and customer segments to identify their needs, receive feedback and provide appropriate solutions within our value proposition
- Escalate service issues within companies in the allocated portfolio (i.e. Delays, double deductions, wrong profiling, interest rates) to the appropriate departments
- Continuously monitor the performance of the companies for timely management of credit limits, expirations, and renewals
- Build and motivate a high performing team committed to achieving consistently high levels of success
- Develop and agree individual and team performance objectives and measures
- Conduct performance appraisals and manage the staff training and development plan for direct reports.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback
- Manage succession, leave and rotation programmes
- Drive employment equity philosophy within the team
- May be assigned to sit in for the Coverage, Consumer
- May be assigned any other duties by the Line manager
Minimum Qualifications for Stanbic Bank Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Bachelor of Commerce/BBA degree from a recognized university
- Master’s degree an added advantage
- General banking experience.
- Exposure to branch sales or credit functions in a Retail Banking environment.
- At least 3-5 years’ practical sales and credit experience, with proven results.
- Appropriate business degree (e.g. B. Com majoring in marketing) would be an advantage
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Personal Banking market to source the best possible sales leads
- Sound knowledge of the product range, including pricing options, features and benefits etc.
- Understanding of linkages between products and services and the different PM segments.
- Knowledge of the Formal sector and the entire value chain in different sectors.
How To Apply for Stanbic Bank Uganda Jobs 2022:
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.