Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher Finance and Administration Manager – SRHR Alliance Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: SRHR Alliance Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: National Coordinator
SRHR Alliance Uganda Profile:
The Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Alliance Uganda is a consortium of organisations that stand for and promote young people’s SRHR. The SRHR Alliance Uganda is composed of organisations with a strong niche, expertise, and experience in key aspects of SRHR programming for vulnerable and marginalised groups of adolescents and young people (10-24 years). Our work is geared towards ensuring that all young people have access to high quality and youth friendly SRHR information and services within a supportive environment. The Alliance membership is currently constituted by 8 founding members and 42 affiliate organisations. The Alliance envisions a society where all young people have equal access to SRHR information and services to make informed life choices. The mission is to strengthen SRHR partnerships and networks that inspire young people to live healthy and productive lives.
The Finance & Administration Manager (FAM) will be a key member of the SRHR Alliance Uganda’s Senior Management Team – with overall responsibility for financial management, compliance, human resources, and logistics. The FAM shall be line supervisor for; Finance Officer, Grants Coordinator, Adminstrative Officer and Human Resources Officer. The Finance & Administration Manager will ensure a high standard of financial management and organizational administration for SRHR Alliance Uganda and its projects.
Roles and responsibilities for SRHR Alliance Uganda Jobs 2021:
Financial Management & Reporting including:
1. Ensuring that all income and expenditure for SRHR Alliance, Uganda is promptly and accurately recorded on accounting system and monthly books of accounts programme are closed, with all reconciliations accurately performed following internal reporting timetables and International Financial Reporting standard, International Accounting standard, GAAP, organizational policy and donor regulations
• Providing high-quality, accurate, and timely reports and other financial information as requested to the National Coordinator and Project Focal Persons both for internal and external (donor) use
• Responsibility for cash flow management for SRHR Alliance Uganda, including preparation of regular cash flow projections, reviewing cash requests from projects, preparation, and submission of cash flow requests, management of cash transfers to Implementing partners, and submission of funding requests to donors (where applicable)
• Monitoring fund balances of all projects monthly to inform project funding requests, partner expenditure reports outstanding, and project close procedures
• Closing out SRHR Alliance Uganda projects in line with both SRHR Alliance Uganda Project closeout policy and donor requirements.
• Ensuring that invoices and other payment requests are thoroughly reviewed, coded, and approved; in line with organizational procedures and donor requirements, and paid promptly.
• Ensuring monthly timesheets are completed where necessary and submitted on time.
• Undertaking regular banking duties including making online payments, checking balances, prompt cash, and cheque deposits, collating bank statements, adding new signatories, etc.
• Preparing statutory financial statements and managing the annual external audit for SRHR Alliance Uganda, as well as providing information and support as part of the SRHR Alliance Uganda organizational audit. To oversee and ensure delivery of project-level audits in line with internal and donor.
• Managing the payroll for SRHR Alliance Uganda.
Budgeting and budget management including:
• Producing the annual budget for Secretariat, and monitoring expenditure against it.
• Developing and providing the necessary annual budgeting tools to Project teams and ensure that the project’s annual budgets are in line with available budget caps and donor spending requirements.
• Working with the Programme Manager (PM) to support the Project Focal Persons, Grants Coordinator, and other Coordinators to develop annual budgets and revise budgets as part of the regular forecasting process.
• Ensuring that accurate and timely budgets and forecasts are fully coded for upload to the accounting system and submitted to the National Coordinator.
• Ensuring alignment of budgets uploaded to the accounting system to donor approved budgets
• Monitor project spend against donor approved budgets, and ensuring are variances are within approved limits
• Updating and running the monthly Budget Monitoring Reports (BMRs) for all projects and country office, and ensuring BMRs are shared with project teams on a timely basis, the reasons for variances are understood and documented, and all queries from project teams are promptly acted upon.
• Regularly updating the database of standard costings for the SRHR Alliance
• Supporting the National Coordinator, Programmes Manager, Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Manager, and the Programme Development Coordinator to develop accurate and detailed budgets for funding proposals using Finance and Administration Standard templates, and translating them into donor templates as required
• Working with the National Coordinator, Programmes Manager, Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Manager, and the Programme Development Coordinator to ensure that budgets meet cost recovery requirements
• Translating budgets for newly awarded projects into SRHR Alliance Budget format and fully code for upload to the accounting system
Ensuring organizational and team compliance with policies and procedures including:
• Regularly reviewing and updating policies and processes – ensuring they are fit for purpose and aligned with SRHR Alliance Uganda, Government of Uganda, and donor requirements.
• Ensuring that all SRHR Alliance Uganda staff are aware of and operating in line with SRHR Alliance Uganda’s financial and administrative policies and processes.
• Ensuring that new staff has an appropriate and thorough induction on SRHR Alliance’s policies and procedures – including training on the Code of Conduct and sign up for it.
• Ensure that recommendations arising from internal and external audits are acted upon, and issued are addressed at Secretariat
• Advise the National Coordinator and the Finance Team on relevant budgetary control measures to address any identified weakness in policy and/or practice.
• Ensure all procurement is carried out in adherence to SRHR Alliance Uganda’s procurement policies and is aligned with relevant donor requirements.
• To ensure compliance with statutory, Uganda Registration Service Bureau, Financial Intelligence Authority, Uganda Revenue Authority and NGO Board operational and reporting requirements.
• Maintain good relations and complaince with all SRHR Alliance Uganda Bankers
• Ensuring partners, service providers, suppliers, and other third parties are issued with accurate, appropriate, and legally sound contracts promptly, and each contract analyzed and assessed to ensure that SRHR Alliance is not exposed to financial and legal risks
Grant and Implementing partner management including:
• Providing all implementing partners with appropriate reporting templates – and ensuring that they are confident in using them.
• Participating in the due diligence process for new partners in line with SRHR Alliance standard processes and ensure that all areas of concerns and potential risks associated with different partners are flagged to the National Coordinator.
• Ensuring implementing partners are held accountable to contractual obligations when submitting reports and accountabilities – both in terms of timings and documents submitted.
• Closely scrutinizing all submitted accountabilities, raising and resolving issues and discrepancies promptly with Implementing Partners.
• Ensuring that all expenditure by Implementing Partners that are not in line with donor requirements is disallowed.
• Ensuring clear disbursement timetables are in place for each Implementing Partners, and adhered to in terms of timings and required documents
• Promptly reporting queries and concerns re partner spend to the National Coordinator as appropriate
• Ensuring that all relevant staff (Finance and Administration and partners) fully understand and are compliant with donor reporting/spending requirements.
• Timely preparation of periodical donor financial reports as per the donor calendars, including management of uploads of data to external donor-managed grants management systems where required
Human resources, administration, and logistics and facilities management including: •
Prepare and process monthly payroll for all staff in Uganda – ensuring statutory deductions are made and returns filed •
Ensuring that the Administrative Assistant maintains full and accurate personnel files for the SRHR Alliance Secretariat staff, and ensure that the Project Implementation teams maintain up-to-date records at their level. •
Ensuring that all recruitment carried out by SRHR Alliance Uganda is carried out transparently and per internal policies and procedures. In particular, ensuring that roles are appropriately advertised, references are taken in line with SRHR Alliance policies, and contracts are issued and signed. •
Ensure that all staff probationary reviews, mid-year appraisals, and annual appraisals are conducted promptly. •
Ensuring appropriate insurance policies are in place for all SRHR Alliance staff and assets overseeing facilities and office management for the SRHR Alliance Uganda Secretariat. •
Overseeing logistical arrangements for the SRHR Alliance Secretariat staff travel, and all overseas visitors.
Qualifications for SRHR Alliance Uganda Jobs 2021
1. A University Degree majoring in Accounting and Finance or equivalent from a recognized University.
2. Possession of relevant professional qualification like ACCA, or CPA and at least 5 years of experience in financial management in a recognized institution or NGO.
3. Detailed understanding of Uganda Employment Act 2006 and its application in the workplace
4. Excellent working knowledge of QuickBooks and Navision accounting systems or related Financial packages.
5. Experience in developing budgeting tools and templates for complex development projects and building the capacity of finance and non-finance staff to utilize them
6. Experience in overseeing fleet, asset, and facilities management
7. Experience in managing donor audits
8. Experience in managing financial reporting for donor-funded projects
9. Experience in overseeing or managing human resources and performance management
• Good knowledge and appreciation of financial policies and regulations applicable to non-government organizations
• Computer proficiency especially in the use of accounting software
• Good working knowledge of finance and administration
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Team-oriented and capable of managing multiple tasks and ability to meet deadlines efficiently
• Excellent working knowledge of a major international
Other Skills al accounting system
• Excellent knowledge of Uganda Tax Laws and their application in an NGO context
• Experience in producing complex budgets and monitoring expenditure against them
• Experience coordinating financial reporting across multiple offices or projects
• Experience in ensuring compliance with financial and administrative procedures across multiple office sites in rural locations
• Experience in producing financial statements and managing external audits
• Procurement management of both mid and high-value items using a variety of different tender processes
• Experience in managing financial reporting for international donors
• Experience in managing the payroll and statutory deductions
• Experience in leading and building the capacity of others
• Experience in carrying out internal audits of field office operations
• Highly financially literate with excellent Excel skills
SRHR Alliance Uganda offers attractive and competitive package based on experience and expertise.
We are an equal opportunity employer who do not discriminate against individual on any basis and grounds
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating your motivation and the skills that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume / CV by email to [email protected], stated “Application for the position of: Finance and Administration Manager” in the email subject line.
Closing Date: 30th June 2021 before 5:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.