Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher Advocacy and Communication Officer – SRHR Alliance Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: SRHR Alliance Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Advocacy and Communication Coordinator
SRHR Alliance Uganda Profile:
The Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Alliance Uganda is a consortium of organisations that stand for and promote young people’s SRHR. The SRHR Alliance Uganda is composed of organisations with a strong niche, expertise, and experience in key aspects of SRHR programming for vulnerable and marginalised groups of adolescents and young people (10-24 years). Our work is geared towards ensuring that all young people have access to high quality and youth-friendly SRHR information and services within a supportive environment. The Alliance membership is currently constituted by 8 founding members and 42 affiliate organisations. The Alliance envisions a society where all young people have equal access to SRHR information and services to make informed life choices. The mission is to strengthen SRHR partnerships and networks that inspire young people to live healthy and productive lives.
The Advocacy and Communications Officer will contribute to SRHR Alliance Uganda’s vision and strategies focused on advocacy and communication. Working with the Advocacy and Communications Coordinator; the Officer is responsible for supporting the designing and implementing communication strategies and contents that can influence policy change as well as social behaviour change among young people.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Support the development and review of the SRHR Alliance Uganda’s Communication and advocacy strategies.
2. Manage and regularly update the SRHR Alliance Uganda’s online platforms including social media, websites and related platforms.
3. Support the design and implementation of joint advocacy and SBCC campaigns in partnerships with members, consortiums, coalitions, and technical working groups to which the SRHR Alliance Uganda is a member
4. The officer shall represent SRHR Alliance Uganda in relevant advocacy platforms and forums ad delegated by the supervisor.
5. Support the drafting and updating of SRHR Alliance Uganda’s publicity and SBCC materials such as brochures, blogs, website, opinion columns, in-house magazine, case studies, articles, reports, and any other documentation required for communication and advocacy purposes.
6. Support capacity building on different aspects of advocacy and communication for the SRHR Alliance Uganda’s members, Affiliate partners and young people
7. Any other duties as assigned by their supervisor
The Communications and Advocacy Officer should have experience in implementing organizational advocacy and communication strategies. The person should demonstrate experience in coordination communication and advocacy activities in NGO related contexts. The person should have a results-oriented approach and proposes ways to innovate and continuously improve our communications products, practices, channels, and messaging.
Essential skills and experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. Journalisms, health communications, humanities, or related field);
2. At least 2 years working experience of related advocacy and communication employment/assignment
3. Track record in writing and editing articles, website content, reports, and press releases;
4. Ability to quickly understand and absorb new topics, issue, and disciplines and distill relevant advocacy strategies from them;
5. Ability to deliver oral presentations to various audiences;
6. Excellent communication and project management skills; team player and facilitator;
7. Excellent command of written and spoken English and able to operate in two or more local languages;
• SRHR Alliance Uganda offers an attractive and competitive package based on experience and expertise.
• We are an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate against an individual on any basis and grounds.
• Young people are encouraged to apply.
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating your motivation and the skills that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume / CV by email to [email protected], stated “Application for the position of “Advocacy and Communication Officer” in the email subject line.
Closing Date: 30th June 2021 before 5:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.